Duck Breasts

RaisaB

Balducci carries D'Artagnan duck breasts--same brand as Wegman's. The Giant in Arlington (across from Rockland's) carries a Canadian brand (?Maple Leaf)--best to get it on the day it's delivered because they sell out quickly. Unfortunately, I can't remember if it is Tuesday-Wednesday or Thursday. Best to call and talk to a meat dept. manager there.

• Like 1

Maple leaf is the Tyson's chicken of the duck world.  D'Artagnan sell many a type of duck breast.  I do believe the Moullard is a byproduct of foie gras production if that is an issue for you. 

Dinner last night was duck confit made from Maple Leaf duck legs I picked up at Wegman's. They were smallish, and pretty bland, compared to the Hudson Valley Moulard legs I've used before (these were Pekin ducks). Not a whole lot of duck flavor. I wouldn't bother trying the breasts.

Harvey's at Union Market and the poultry vendor at the south end of Eastern Market (can't remember the name) has them for sure. The other poultry vendor at Eastern Market may or may not have them.  

Market Poultry (Mel Inman) at the northern end has duck, both whole and breast, as I recall.  I don't recall where it's from.