ARK Restaurants - Generic, Tourist-Trap Restaurants, And An $80 Million Market Cap

It says something - although I'm not sure what - about ARK Restaurants that they have an $80 million market cap, and currently own three restaurants in the Washington, DC area, two of which I don't even know the location of.

I've been to Sequoia, by dint of being at Washington Harbor (and I'd walked by America a few times inside of Union Station before they went away), but has anyone ever been to Center Cafe or Thunder Grill? Without checking on Google, I can honestly say I don't even know where they are.

but has anyone ever been to Center Cafe or Thunder Grill?

Thunder Grill has long been my pick as the worst restaurant in the city. Just horrendous. Even with a captive audience, I have no idea how they stay in business. Dry Sysco food served slowly by zombies.

Center Cafe at least has a pleasant enough, usable bar for frequent Amtrakers.

The America space is now Shake Shack.

Thunder Grill has long been my pick as the worst restaurant in the city. Just horrendous. Even with a captive audience, I have no idea how they stay in business. Dry Sysco food served slowly by zombies.

Center Cafe at least has a pleasant enough, usable bar for frequent Amtrakers.

The America space is now Shake Shack.

I used to like the bars at Center Cafe, and they had decent nachos.  The prices got really high, though, and I don't have much reason to go through Union Station as often as I used to years ago.  Their upstairs bar was (well, I guess still is) kind of cool and I don't know how many people realized it was up there.

It's been quite some time since I've eaten at Thunder Grill, so I don't know what the current quality is, but it's a better place for getting a snack to go with a drink than a destination spot for a meal.  Service there can also be really spotty, though sometimes it's pretty good.  Center Cafe always seemed to me to have better service.