Looking for Fun Restaurant Ideas for My Daughter's Sixteenth Birthday - $50 per Person, Two People Drinking Wine

zgast

So - the daughter is turning sixteen shortly and wants to go out for a fun, mostly upscale dinner with the family on her big day.  Any suggestion from the galley?  I lean towards more food-centric places, so this is outside my wheelhouse.  Hoping to pay ~$50/person with only 2 drinking wine, so most places are game.  Georgetown to Chinatown areas are game.

Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zgast said:

So - the daughter is turning sixteen shortly and wants to go out for a fun, mostly upscale dinner with the family on her big day.  Any suggestion from the galley?  I lean towards more food-centric places, so this is outside my wheelhouse.  Hoping to pay ~$50/person with only 2 drinking wine, so most places are game.  Georgetown to Chinatown areas are game.

Thanks!

Some thoughts that popped into my head: a movable feast between Leopold, Baked & Wired (or Beard Papa's), and Ching Ching ChaPinea (with an elevator ride up to POV), the patio (and *only* the patio, trust me) at Café du Parc, Central, Mitsitam Café, 2 Amys, Little Serow (if everyone can handle heat), Le DiplomateZaytinyaIzakaya Seki, DBGB Kitchen & Bar, Momofuku CCDC with dessert at A Baked Joint, Maketto, The Red Hen, Beuchert's Saloon, Osteria Morini (be careful about Nats games), Daikaya IzakayaCo Co Sala (now that the owner is a gazillionaire), and China Chilcano

That should be a good launching pad to aid you in your search.

• Like 1

I just had a really great meal at China Chilcano.  I had an udon bowl that I believe was $15 and could have been a full meal, I also got potstickers, and was totally full and gave MK some.  He had a very reasonably priced dish for the amount of food, as well.  And everything we had we were really surprised by how tasty it was.  I know Jose Andres knows how to be a restaurateur, but based on the menu I just wasn't expecting it to be that good, and I thought the prices were a good deal.  

1 hour ago, ktmoomau said:

I just had a really great meal at China Chilcano.  I had an udon bowl that I believe was $15 and could have been a full meal, I also got potstickers, and was totally full and gave MK some.  He had a very reasonably priced dish for the amount of food, as well.  And everything we had we were really surprised by how tasty it was.  I know Jose Andres knows how to be a restaurateur, but based on the menu I just wasn't expecting it to be that good, and I thought the prices were a good deal.  

Agreed. Also the Suspiro Limena dessert is really festive-looking and unusual tasting (since you're going for a birthday, figured you might get dessert).