So's Your Mom - New York-Style Deli and Pastry Counter on 18th Street in Adams Morgan

It's Purim-time... and I do love an apricot hamentashen! Anyone know where a good one is in the area? I've tried the ones at K's (not terribly impressed) and at the bakery in Eastern Market (better, but still not blown away). Any ideas?

Heya MBK-

Actually, I would try "So's Your Mom" - not to far from you, on Columbia, between 19th and 18th. It's right next to Astor Cafe and a Bank of America. They've got great stuff- the BEST corned beef & liver sandwich around, it's my favorite deli. Also, their sweets are good, and I know for a fact they have poppy seed humentashen, but not sure about apricot - I bet you could request it. Anyway, you must go there!

:lol:

Mmmm, So's Your Mom *is* good, and I haven't been there in ages! Guess where I'm going this weekend......

And by the way, I love a good corned beef and chopped liver sandwich, so thanks for that tip as well!!

Mmmm, So's Your Mom *is* good, and I haven't been there in ages! Guess where I'm going this weekend......

And by the way, I love a good corned beef and chopped liver sandwich, so thanks for that tip as well!!

Heh, now I'm gonna have to go there this weekend as well - perhaps we should coordinate? :lol:

Heya MBK-

Actually, I would try "So's Your Mom" - not to far from you, on Columbia, between 19th and 18th.  It's right next to Astor Cafe and a Bank of America.  They've got great stuff- the BEST corned beef & liver sandwich around, it's my favorite deli.  Also, their sweets are good, and I know for a fact they have poppy seed humentashen, but not sure about apricot - I bet you could request it.  Anyway, you must go there!

:lol:

Been trying to figure out what I wanted to do for lunch today. I'll look into the hamentaschen situation while I'm there and report back this afternoon.

It's Purim-time...  and I do love an apricot hamentashen!  Anyone know where a good one is in the area?  I've tried the ones at K's (not terribly impressed) and at the bakery in Eastern Market (better, but still not blown away).  Any ideas?

Well you are in luck (maybe). So's Your Mom DOES have apricot hamentashen (spelled "Hamantash" on their blackboard) sitting on a tray next to the poppy seed ones. They are $2.50 each and seem rather large to me, but I don't have any way of judging their quality.

Well you are in luck (maybe).  So's Your Mom DOES have apricot hamentashen (spelled "Hamantash" on their blackboard) sitting on a tray next to the poppy seed ones.  They are $2.50 each and seem rather large to me, but I don't have any way of judging their quality.

You didn't try one?

Jennifer

FYI - So's Your Mom's poppy seed hamantaschen are excellent - although they're really big, so if you like a larger cookie-to-filling ratio you might be disappointed. I think they're awesome though.

Also, they carry rugelach in their bakery case, and the chocolate ones are excellent.