Dining near Deer Park and Meadowood Napa Valley

My parents are attending a wedding at Meadowood in Napa in September. I could really use any non-fancy pants restaurant suggestions you might be able to share. They just prefer simple food done well.

Cost isn't really an option (although some moderately-priced suggestions would be welcome), but I really want them to enjoy this experience and not walk into every restaurant feeling intimidated.

Here are a couple of places that they might enjoy:

Up the road from Napa in St. Helena:

Market -- Good food in a relaxed place.

Taylor's [became Gott's Roadside in Mar, 2010] -- Great tuna burger and they have a decent wine list.

In Napa:

ZuZu -- Tapas with foods from Spain, Portugal, and the Mediterranean region.

Celadon

Pearl [closed Dec 31, 2014] -- I did not get a chance to dine here, but it was very highly recommended by many different people on my last trip out there.

In Yountville:

Bistro Jeanty -- French bistro food. The steak tartar is wonderful.

I'd second Market as being just what you say you're looking for. The "Champagne" battered fish and chips and the "Very Adult Macaroni and Cheese" were both as good as I've ever had.

Taylor's was fun - a roadside stand with picnic tables serving some food that you would expect from a roadside stand (burgers, hot dogs, shakes) and some you wouldn't (the tuna burger MDT mentioned, for example). But my usual word of warning - don't go in the late afternoon if you have an evening reservation at the French Laundry. It took me four courses into my evening meal to get over the effects of the chili dog I had.

---

John Ash & Co. (crackers)

My parents are attending a wedding at Meadowood in Napa in September.  I could really use any non-fancy pants restaurant suggestions you might be able to share.  They just prefer simple food done well. 

Cost isn't really an option (although some moderately-priced suggestions would be welcome), but I really want them to enjoy this experience and not walk into every restaurant feeling intimidated.

I highly recommend Martini House in St. Helena. Really excellent food with an open kitchen along the back wall. Very nice bar downstairs. They had a great sommelier, but he zipped off to the French Laundry (who can blame him?) http://www.martinihouse.com/

Another great option would be Terra, also in St. Helena. Check out the sites for more information: http://www.terrarestaurant.com/

9 hours ago, DonRocks said:

This is a tragedy, to be sure. I'm sure they'll recover the insurance and rebuild, but there will be a lot of heartache until then.