Valentino's Pizzeria & Restaurant

4813 Beauregard St, Alexandria, VA 22312

There is a saying in the wine industry: "It takes a lot of cold beer to make good wine!"

My corollary to that is it takes a lot of junky pizza delivery to make a happy home.  Our local pizza joint is Valentino's and we have only done delivery. The crust is nice: thick for a thin crust, chewy, yo can taste the yeast and salt. They don't use a lot of sauce. The ingredients are better than they have to be for out in the hinterlands. We have had a roman special a vegetarian and a Valentino's special and all were good. We accidentally got a large instead of our usual small. The result is for $8 extra we have a huge breakfast/lunch for tomorrow.  Delivery is quick and the online ordering especially easy.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ktmoomau said:

A co-worker brought the big pie into the office one day for us as a treat, we really liked it.  I have meant to take Hubby here because I think he would like it.

We eat pizza mostly when we are too weak to move to the kitchen. There are nights where we think picking up a slice and getting a napkin is a heavy duty workout. 

20 hours ago, ktmoomau said:

A co-worker brought the big pie into the office one day for us as a treat, we really liked it.  I have meant to take Hubby here because I think he would like it.

I have friends who love the pizza from this place, including one who lives right near there. I pass it sometimes but it's never been at a good time to stop.

There used to be a donut place in that building, and maybe something even before that. 

They have pizza by the slice at least at lunchtime (the only times I have ever been) and they do a decent job of not overcooking the slices in the reheat process.  Many options available by the slice as well.  Two slices is way more than enough for a hearty lunch!

• Like 1

People I know from New Jersey rave about this place as the closest they've gotten to the pies they have at home. I used to work a couple of miles from Valentino's and always had a nice slice. They also do some really good garlic knots.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

Thought it might give each other ideas based on where and what you're ordering for take-out or delivery.  

We ordered a Valentino's Pizza for pickup. It was good if a touch undercooked. I usually ask for extra cooked and forgot to this time. They were doing huge business, pickup and delivery, and they managed the pick up line well for distance. 

• Like 1

We ordered a pizza the other night and there was a little service glitch, but the owner was spot on in handling it. This has been chronicled elsewhere so Now I want to celebrate both the pizza and Armando, the owner. The joy of frequenting a small owner operated pizzeria is that you are keeping the money local and contributing to a lot of hard working folk's income. IN taking care of the issue, Armando gave warnings to his people, so complaining did good and didn't get someone fired for one offence.

Armando is obviously a stand up kind of guy. As I texted to him in the approximately 15th text back and forth, " I am glad I can be even more loyal to our favorite local pizza. He replied "Love it!"  I could go to Arlington or Falls Church for more famed pizza, but this pizza is really good, made with love, and 3 minutes from the abode. And I am not sure that the other pizzas are really any better. 

Their crust is not thick nor thin. They say New York Style, but whose New York Pizza. The sauce is less sweet than a typical NY slice, but good and tomato-y. The sausage and pepperoni on the Valentino's special is really good if not house made or artisinal. The peppers and onions etc are fresh and more warmed than cooked. We keep on forgetting to say make it a little well done so the crust is a little underdone to my taste, but that is on us. 

We will definitely be back, and not just because our next pizza is free!