MsDiPesto

On 5/7/2020 at 10:41 AM, deangold said:

The dry good selection was also good but if I came back with more asian cooking ingredients Kay would feed me to Spot.

spot teeth.jpg

Spot looks like he'd do it, too. I like your mentions of Spot. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MsDiPesto said:

Spot looks like he'd do it, too. I like your mentions of Spot. 

We had been anti cat for many years due to a roommate of Kay's cat who peed on Kay's clothing and was trained to jump up and share her car mom's food directly from the plate. The cat thought all human plates were her bowl. We even started a cookbook. 1000 recipes for your cat which began with our classic recipe for "The Correct Method for Microwaving Your Cat."

Now that we have Spot, we know we were wrong. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, LauraB said:

Dean, I don’t recall you mentioning Spot until recently. How did Spot come into your life? However that happened, he/she seems to have found a great home!

We were looking on one of the free stuff apps when Kay found an ad for Spot and all his stuff including litter and food and scratching post so we went to meet him and brought him home that day! Free!

Of course that was before his $700 vet bill and $200 prescriptions and canned food! Still he's worth it. When we had the restaurant we couldn't think of having a pet. Now in the apartment without piles of restaurant equipment everywhere, hes found a new home. His old home had a newborn and he couldn't deal. Now he gets to ignore us or complain loudly in peace and quiet. 

_copie-0_20200510_092856 (2).jpg

• Like 6

It’s a win all the way around for you, Kay, and Spot!  Dean, I also want to mention that I’ve really enjoyed your posts about what you and Kay are cooking at home since you closed the restaurant. Since we’re all cooking at home these days, it’s been inspirational.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LauraB said:

It’s a win all the way around for you, Kay, and Spot!  Dean, I also want to mention that I’ve really enjoyed your posts about what you and Kay are cooking at home since you closed the restaurant. Since we’re all cooking at home these days, it’s been inspirational.

I second this!!

• Like 2

On 5/7/2020 at 11:06 PM, MsDiPesto said:

I like your mentions of Spot. 

I have to mention this. He is paying me too well to stop being his PR agent. I just noticed this is now his own thread! I think I get a bonus payment for that. I ahve to check the cat-track. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

We are looking forward to the protection of our watch cat. He will strike fear in the hearts of any burglar by sneering at them. Or make them feel left out when he ignores them completely. That is if he even wakes up!

That is if he wakes up when they break and enter. Maybe if we can convince the burglars to carry a bag of Trader Joe's cat treats. 

1908580060_watchcat.jpg.6cc8575aec89cbf5d9abbef3686b7fb8.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deangold said:

We are looking forward to the protection of our watch cat. He will strike fear in the hearts of any burglar by sneering at them. Or make them feel left out when he ignores them completely. That is if he even wakes up!

That is if he wakes up when they break and enter. Maybe if we can convince the burglars to carry a bag of Trader Joe's cat treats. 

The dog refuses at this point to guard the door, or go check when the doorbell is rung, unless it is delivery food (he does somehow know the difference even 4 floors up).  So if a burglar is dressed as the pizza man, we will be quite safe.  Otherwise, unless the burglar opens his treat jars, open the cheese drawer of the fridge, or shakes a box of goldfish crackers the only salvation we will have is that he really wants to be pet by a stranger right now, so he may distract the burglar long enough with his cute fluffy face for the alarm to signal the cops... 

• Haha 2

When I first adopted Cat Mom and Cat Dad, I never had to get up on my back paws for anything. Which is good because I was too fat. Now Cat Dad and Mom have starved me, and now they have me hooked on "Greenies." Look at how Cat Dad uses my weakness to exploit me. This is unfair. It must stop! I am going to report him to the ASPCatA.

Anyone got more Greenies? I'm crashing hard man! Please? I mean help a cat brother out! And bring cheetos! 

1119657790__copie-0_cattreat.jpg.a3284f5de6c306ea370a32d7df8ce1c6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As new cat mom and dads. we are still learning. Kay and I have a dispute. For the last two nights, spot has literally walked over to my head, stomped his paws on the mattress and when I wake up, he turns around and shoves his butt in my face. Kay says it is because he loves me. I maintain he is overly proud of his butthole and wants me to complement him on it. 

• Haha 4

They say an owner begins to look like your pet after a bit. We have now had Spot for 7 weeks and I  think Kay has taken this too far! I mean the glare is spot on, as it were, but I think she is looking more and more like the cat every day! Of course Spot is a beautiful cat. Today was his first jump up on her chair. Maybe his losing 6 pounds is going to be more trouble than we think. The meowing {"feed me!} was bad enough!

20200531_180135.jpg.b5ba4132f4868029901d31c18a4db928.jpg

• Like 2

Kay thinks that she can complain to HR about her new colleague being asleep on the job and shedding all over her favorite sweater. When he heard about her plans, he suggested.... well I don't think I can reproduce his language here.

He has an open complaint with HR about being chased out of his workspace, not enough food, not enough greenies, getting brushed when he doesn't want to, not getting brushed when he does want it, getting scratched behind the ears or on his head to the point where he reflexively pushes his head up and back, not getting scratched behind the ears or on his head to the point where he reflexively pushes his head up and back, disparaging remarks about his bathroom habits and finally, lack of wonderment at his butthole. 

HR has asked him to send them an email and they will open an investigation. Here is his first attempt:

kmlghbvbiokp,lhfytuas-0=24sdvmop c90-dvsl q24[]p ksdvf-0ifewm;kl'ewf  [pko0]34 ;lm3r l; ,qwe

I don't think he could have captured his anger any better. He, of course, went off to sleep so he needs to finish it. I can't wait to see him try and hit send!

1153350527_asleep_on_the_job1.jpg.9d7c97b127d14033865fb89c353bc4b5.jpg

• Haha 4