Anthony's Restaurant - Anthony and Faye Yiannarakis’ Homestyle Greek-American, Falls Church - Open since 1972

I have been going to this restaurant since I was a kid. This location is not the original, but they have always had a presence in Falls Church.

If you want to know where the "locals" go this is it. Family owned, there are at least two generations of the family working here and on any given day the founders are at the restaurant, many times greating you when you walk in. 

They have a board of daily specials and portions are substantial. Service is always with a smile and after you have been there a few times the wait staff will remember you and treat you like family; the greetings and familiarity are sincere. 

Breakfast, lunch or dinner, Greek specialties are always worthy...however their steak and cheese is a treat, very flavorful and served steaming hot. Have never had anything but great experiences here and cannot believe this place was missed in this forum. It is tucked away 1/2 a block off Annandale Road, behind the Bill Page Honda dealership.

• Like 1

It wasn’t completely missed - Anthony’s opened in 1972. I’ve driven by it a million times, but have never been. I’m glad to hear it has good food!

Here’s an informative (but outdated) article from about ten years ago:

2013(?) - “Falls Church’s Legendary Anthony’s Restaurant To Close Doors Sunday” by Bruce Horowitz on fcnp.com

Followed by:

Aug 13, 2014 - “Anthony’s Restaurant Reopens on Annandale Road” on annandaletoday.com

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2023 at 6:43 PM, Ferris Bueller said:

I have been going to this restaurant since I was a kid. This location is not the original, but they have always had a presence in Falls Church.

If you want to know where the "locals" go this is it. Family owned, there are at least two generations of the family working here and on any given day the founders are at the restaurant, many times greating you when you walk in. 

They have a board of daily specials and portions are substantial. Service is always with a smile and after you have been there a few times the wait staff will remember you and treat you like family; the greetings and familiarity are sincere. 

Breakfast, lunch or dinner, Greek specialties are always worthy...however their steak and cheese is a treat, very flavorful and served steaming hot. Have never had anything but great experiences here and cannot believe this place was missed in this forum. It is tucked away 1/2 a block off Annandale Road, behind the Bill Page Honda dealership.

Thanks to this post, I got carryout lunch at Anthony’s today. Interestingly, I had Anthony’s (pretty much on the southwest corner of Route 50 and Annandale Road) conflated with JV (on the northwest corner of Route 50 and Annandale Road) - I’d never been to either.

Today’s carryout was:

Avgolemono Soup ($7.95) - a deceptively small 12-ounce portion which I surprisingly prefer to the fine version at Vaso’s Kitchen.

Large Greek Salad ($13.95) - a huge portion of really good salad, with plenty of mild feta and (mercifully) unpitted black olives.

Steak and Cheese Sub ($11.95) - a version every bit as good as Santini’s which I’ve extolled for years, served with French Fries ($4.95 supplement, and enough for 2-3 people). The fries were frozen crinkle-cuts, but were as good as frozen crinkle-cuts could possibly be (there wasn’t one left at day’s end).

Mom and Pop were both there, as were, I suspect, some younger family members - how does anyone not like a place like this? It has the atmosphere of McLean Family Diner, but the food is better, and served with more love.

Plus, how could anyone not like a restaurant that sells these at the cash register?

image.png

• Like 2