Star Spottings

DonRocks

Guess who was dining at two of our favorite restaurants?

Twice lately, high-powered celebrities have been spotted dining at untrendy, unassuming chef-owned restaurants that serve some of the best food in Washington.

Someone is feeding these people inside information.

Who might that be?

Rocks.

Twice lately, high-powered celebrities have been spotted dining at untrendy, unassuming chef-owned restaurants that serve some of the best food in Washington.

Who might that be?

Rocks.

Senator Packwood--with his Pynchon-esquely appropriate last name--recently dined at Ray's The Steaks (again, quite appropriately). Is this who you mean, Don?

Who might that be?

Rocks.

Picture a happy couple riding out of town after a quick jaunt to see baby cheetahs at the zoo. They are eager to arrive at Italian Store for a Napoli and Capri and a nice deal on 2001 Barbaresco, the children are napping in the backseat....

"Isn't Cafe Milano nearby" she asks

"Yes" he mutters

"Why do people go there?"

"I don't know" he starts to get annoyed

"I mean, is the food amazing?"

"I don't know"

"Do they have a nice bar?" she persists

"I don't know" he answers

"A lot of famous people go there when they're in town, not that I really care about famous people, but what's the big deal?"

"It must be the shoes" he says with finality

Edited by brendanc

One of my neighbors, who is really having to watch her budget these days, was invited to go to Happy Hour at Cafe Milano on Friday. One martini, one glass of Pinot Grigio and an order of fried oysters (if I am remembering the appetizer correctly) came to $40. My friend thanked her friend for the drink and promptly got a cab home. She also hated the atmosphere.