Honoring lyonhearted

DonRocks

This makes me unbelievably sad. Brent took good care of me many evenings at the bar at Corduroy, and especially at my going-away party there in May. He made me promise to come into the bar as soon as I returned, and I was looking forward to regaling him with stories of my time in Paris when I got back. I'm so sorry that won't happen.

Brent's passing after only 22 years of life really makes you feel lucky to be alive and appreciate the little things. He had a big heart and will be missed.

Funeral services are this Sunday at Cameron United Methodist Church at 3 PM. Details are available at www.cameron-umc.org . 703.960.9505.

Brent's family has asked that flowers not be sent but would appreciate donations to defray funeral expenses.

There are many people that you meet through life. Brent, or as I would often call him BOSS, made such an indellible mark on everyone he met. Everything about Brent was larger than life. From the mischievious twinkle in his eyes, to the raucous laugh that we always teased him about. I dont think I had met anyone that had giggle as much as I did. I will you miss you Big Boy.

Brent was one of those people who just exudes joy. At least once a day he'd laugh so loud, I could hear him from across the dining room. It was my job to tell him to keep it down, but it just made me chuckle inside everytime. He will be missed.

Brent,

You've left us way too soon, but I will continue to carry your smile, laugh, and caring and easy-going manner with me, and I hope to share it with others in the same way that you shared it with me.

When Brent started working at Corduroy I was skeptical. Pichan was leaving, and the new guy was some young kid. One day, Pichan introduced me to Brent, and I told Brent, in a pleasant way, that it was nice to meet him and I was sure he was a nice guy, but no one could replace Pichan. Brent looked me straight in the eye, as he was drying a glass, and told me that of course he could not replace Pichan, that he was sorry Pichan was leaving, and that he was glad to have an opportunity to learn from him. You could have knocked me over with a feather. On my next visit, Brent was working the bar, and as I approached he said with a smile on his face, "Hello Monique. It's good to see you again. You'll be having the Thunder Mountain, right?"

Later, when Damon (Beerman) died, Brent (and so many others at Corduroy) took care of me. Because Brent worked the bar, he had many opportunities to put a smile on my face and to help me through a difficult time. I will be forever grateful to him for that, and I am deeply saddened that he is gone.

Brent, you were absolute joy, I am honored to have known you. Rest easy my friend.