Cost no object.. availability is!

alliedeecee

Hi,

I have four guests coming in to town from Oct. 17 to Oct. 21st. So far I've booked the following, but am having some second thoughts (esp. about Nora, and possibly about Kolumbia).

Wed. Oct. 17 - Cordoruy

Thurs. Oct. 18 - Nora

Fri. Oct. 19 - Citronelle

Fri. Oct. 20 - Restaurant Kolumbia

I've heard Nora is sub-par lately, and while I really liked Kolumbia when I was there last, are there better choices for a Saturday night that wouldn't be impossible to get into? I mostly use OpenTable for reservations for a big group like this, and on Thursday I'm considering the following as replacements for Nora: Agraria, BlackSalt, Cashion's, Ceiba, DC Coast (I've been recently but I would go again), Equinox, Oyamel, Sushi Ko (been a million times but I love it), and Taberna del Alabardero. What would you do? Where would you go? The guests are foodies but not big drinkers... most of them will be in DC for the first time since they were kids.

Thanks so much, and be kind! It's my first post here and I'm sorta clueless :blink: .

Hi,

I have four guests coming in to town from Oct. 17 to Oct. 21st. So far I've booked the following, but am having some second thoughts (esp. about Nora, and possibly about Kolumbia).

Wed. Oct. 17 - Cordoruy

Thurs. Oct. 18 - Nora

Fri. Oct. 19 - Citronelle

Fri. Oct. 20 - Restaurant Kolumbia

I've heard Nora is sub-par lately, and while I really liked Kolumbia when I was there last, are there better choices for a Saturday night that wouldn't be impossible to get into? I mostly use OpenTable for reservations for a big group like this, and on Thursday I'm considering the following as replacements for Nora: Agraria, BlackSalt, Cashion's, Ceiba, DC Coast (I've been recently but I would go again), Equinox, Oyamel, Sushi Ko (been a million times but I love it), and Taberna del Alabardero. What would you do? Where would you go? The guests are foodies but not big drinkers... most of them will be in DC for the first time since they were kids.

Thanks so much, and be kind! It's my first post here and I'm sorta clueless :blink: .

Of the restaurants you list to replace nora with, I'd take either Sushi Ko, BlackSalt, or Equinox in that order - mostly just to keep the pace changing a bit each night, as I think all three are great. Like Waitman said, you might want to break up the dinners with a Vietnamese or Salvadorean stop too.

Another no for Nora -- our first visit (years ago) was quite pleasant; our second (and last) was just not. Also a no on Agraria. You could come across the bridge to Ray's, as well as the other (good) suggestions folks have made. We also (as evidenced in my post today) really enjoy Proof, and we had a great meal at Hook if you're in the Georgetown area. If I were doing it, I might do Eve (which for me is a no-brainer :blink:), Hook, Proof, and Ray's.

Thanks everyone for the great advice! I hadn't thought about breaking up the meals with something a little different, but now that you mention it I definitely want to bring everyone to Etete one night (I live on U street and all are staying nearby). I will try to get into one of the places you've all suggested for Saturday night, but if nothing is available, guess I'll stick with Rest. Kolumbia. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

I'd opt for Blacksalt (from your list) over Restaurant Kolumbia IMHO.

As for other suggestions, my votes would be for Palena or Komi, and maybe Corduroy.

I, for one, think CityZen is way overrated. Sure it is good food and service, but it didn't come close to blowing me away.