Miu Kee, Southwest Falls Church

No, I haven't, but will add it to my list! Any particular recommendations of what to try?
The soy sauce chicken is particularly good. Because I almost always ate there alone, I wasn't able to explore the menu nearly as much as I would like ( I used to work nearby). They also do very good Cantonese-style noodle soups, with or without wontons.

6653 Arlington Blvd.

Falls Church, VA

Anyone tried Miu Kee in Falls Church yet? This is my go to place for Cantonese right now. The menu selection is smaller than Mark's and Full Kee, but I find the flavor more clean and authentic. Their cantonese bbq is a must try. The soy sauce chicken was very tender and fresh. I saw another table ordered the ginger and scallion chicken and that looked scrumptious too.

Miu Kee is maybe a 5 minute walk from my house, but given it's prices which are several dollars above similar dishes at the many fine Cantonese restaurants in the general vicinity, I have given it a miss after a couple of meals there. If gas gets another dollar per gallon higher though....

A dungeness crab here cost $44 (big live one right out of the tank), but it's so delicious stir-fried with ginger and scallions. The last time I ordered a whole crab was at Mark's Duck House, maybe last year or two years ago, and it was $30. I don't know if crab prices have gone up or Miu Kee is just more expensive. Most families I saw last night were chowing down on lobsters, which is cheap in comparison ($21, IIRC). The place was packed from 7-8, mostly with Asians (more Vietnamese than Chinese).

Ema, is Miu Kee better than Canton Cafe and Sampan?

I haven't eaten at Miu Kee for several years. It used to be very near my place of employment, but isn't any longer. I used to eat there once every week or two for several years, though, and loved the place. I never explored the menu much, because I always lunched there alone, but their roast pig, roast pork, soy sauce chicken, all served either with rice and a vegetable or on top of a Hong Kong style wonton soup, were always first-rate, and not at all expensive. The people there always seemed super nice, too.

I wanted some noodle soup for lunch (trying to get over a cold). I could've had pho but I wanted something else as well so I went to Miu Kee. They have a bunch of noodle soups for $6 each, but they're not on the regular menu. Instead, they're on placards on the tables, which I didn't notice until after I ordered. From the menu, I ordered a $13 yong chou noodle soup which came with egg noodles, chicken, Chinese broccoli, squid, shrimp, scallop and roast pork. A very big bowl of food. Well, I've never been a big fan of Cantonese style egg noodle soups and this version did nothing for me. I don't like the texture of the noodles and I don't like the flavor of the broth - I don't know why I ordered it. The other dish I ordered was deep fried tofu that was then stir fried with scallions, diced chili peppers and fried onions (for $9 or $10). This turned out to be a fantastic dish. The tofu was light yet flavorful. Miu Kee is definitely more expensive than Vinh Kee, by 20 to 30% in some cases.

Have been going to Mu kee for years. The food is solid. Noodle soups and roast meats are always solid. About the same level as mark's but not as good as full kee (when to full key near bailey's this saturday and the roast meats were really good). Tried the egg plant with salt fish and chicken. Fish seem like sardines more for flavor, you don't even really see it. I think it is the best dish on the menu. All around solid place.

Any one been to china star in fairfax lately. I have a real craving for hot and spicy food.

Soup