Quick Dinner with Noxious Relative

AlexC

So, I've got this "friend" who is having dinner with a particularly noxious relative. He'd like to have a good meal, somewhere in downtown DC or maybe a close-in suburb, but would really like it to be more of an in-and-out. Meal speed is key here -- the quicker the better.

I'm thinking restaurants that don't serve dessert are a good bet, but also think somewhere like Ray's would be good too... any thoughts?

Thanks.

Alex

So, I've got this "friend" who is having dinner with a particularly noxious relative. He'd like to have a good meal, somewhere in downtown DC or maybe a close-in suburb, but would really like to it to be more of an in-and-out. Meal speed is key here -- the quicker the better.

I'm thinking restaurants that don't serve dessert are a good bet, but also think somewhere like Ray's would be good too... any thoughts?

Thanks.

Alex

Good and quick? Try Ray's Hell.

So, I've got this "friend" who is having dinner with a particularly noxious relative. He'd like to have a good meal, somewhere in downtown DC or maybe a close-in suburb, but would really like it to be more of an in-and-out. Meal speed is key here -- the quicker the better.

Thanks.

Alex

Friend: "You have GOT to try this place!"

Noxious Relative: "What is it?"

F: "It's called Mitsitam, in the National Museum of the American Indian - there's nothing like it anywhere!"

NR: "Great!"

F: "Thing is though ... the museum closes at 5:30, so we'll need to get there around 5. But it's soooo worth it!"

There you go: thirty minutes of pain; forced exit; home by 6 PM.

Incidentally, I went to Mitsitam a couple weeks ago and remain amazed at the quality of food they're serving. However, the chicken nuggets, fries, and even the buffalo burger are lame - it pays to bypass that station altogether (the first one on the right when you walk in), and venture into more unusual ingredients and preparations - this time around, I had a plate of littleneck clams and a couple small root-vegetable salads, and I'd order both again. You can order fish, game, salads, soups, etc., with a fair amount of confidence, and also see exactly what they look like before you order.