Deep Dish Pizza

u-bet!

I have a craving for Chicago-style deep dish pizza. Anyone know if a decent version exists in the Alexandria/Arlington area? Was thinking Armand's, but it's been ages since I've had one of their pies, and I can't remember if it was any good or not.

I have a craving for Chicago-style deep dish pizza. Anyone know if a decent version exists in the Alexandria/Arlington area? Was thinking Armand's, but it's been ages since I've had one of their pies, and I can't remember if it was any good or not.

Armand's are not horrible, I actually like their sauce, and for the most part I have found them to be a step up from Uno's, but then again Sbarro's is a step above the last thing I ate at an Uno's.

Call Giordano's in Chicago. They will ship you a pie, and it will be better than anything you can buy in DC.
Online! Gino's East and Lou ships too, I believe. Of course, it's all without meat, but it makes your additions all the more fun.

*missing a piece of home...

Armand's in Old Town tends to be genuine, but I'm not a fan of a lot of bread in my pizza. Put me down for New Jersey - New York pizza.

Always remember, the best French food in the world is available in France, the best Chinese food in the world is available in China, and the best Italian food in the world is available in New Jersey.

Call Giordano's in Chicago. They will ship you a pie, and it will be better than anything you can buy in DC.

I <heart> their stuffed pizza. Whenever I'm in or passing through Chicagoland, I make a Giordano's detour.

Recapping a tale I think I've told here before, the Nancy's franchise that used to be near White Flint cranked out a really good Chicago-style stuffed pizza, and if you ordered it half-baked they'd also loan you the aluminum heatsink contraption used to make sure it baked through. Really good, that is, until they gave up the franchise and reinvented themselves as a vegetarian kosher pizza joint.