Jason's Deli, An Arizona-Based Subway-Like Chain in Several Area Locations

Okay, what's a better similarly-situated chain? Corner Bakery is terrible. Panera? Potbelly?

Given that choice I'd take the Greek salad at Panera with a side of all-too-chewy bread for just about $5.00. Not a bad value.

Potbelly has gotten better. For the longest time I swore off their sandwiches because every time I ordered a roast beef the meat would either be excessively chewy and/or have fat/sinew/miscellaneous in it that would never fail to drag the lunchmeat clean out of the sandwich onto the wax paper. Since I started going back, they've been perfect every time.

I normally go with the Roast Beef with extra mayo, lettuce, tomato, a "big handful of onion," oil, and italian seasoning. Comes out better than 95% better of all the Steak and Cheese hoagies I've ever had, and I've got a few of the "regular" staff I know actually calling it their Steak & Cheese now.

I used to sometimes eat at a Jason's Deli when I travelled to Ft. Worth, TX for work. The sandwiches are underwhelming but they offer a variety of extra large baked potatoes topped with anything from cheese & broccoli to BBQ pork. This might have just been a Texas thing since everything there seems to be bigger but they cut the rounded ends off of two potatoes and stuck them together to create one giant, 10' mutant potato. It's not the most atkins-friendly dish but definitely hit the spot when craving comfort food.

After having eaten twice at the new location in College Park, this is now one of my favorite places around the campus to grab a bite. Admittedly, I feel like this says more about the state of cuisine in College Park, but I enjoy it.

And come on, free ice cream? What self-respecting college student wouldn't love that?

After having eaten a few more times at the location in College Park, I'd like to retract anything good I had to say about this place. It seems after the folks from corporate headquarters left the place once they had helped it open, anything resembling quality control has gone out the window. Meats are dry, items are either bland or too salty, and worst of all, tonight I received a pickle that tasted sour in the worst sense possible. HOW DO YOU SCREW UP A PICKLE?!?!?!

I refuse, however, to say anything bad about free soft-serve ice cream.

Tonight's grilled portobello wrapini (whatever the fuck that means), ordered during a quick dinner on a whim with the mother, was possibly the worst sandwich I've eaten. Ever. It looked like a grease slick, and had absolutely no taste whatsoever. These are the kinds of vegetarian offerings that cause those of us in the world who (foolishly) don't eat meat to cry themselves to sleep at night.

Maybe I can put it best this way: I paid with a gift card, and I STILL feel ripped off.

I refuse, however, to say anything bad about free soft-serve ice cream.

For whatever reason, the free soft-serve was way too thin and melted completely about 30 seconds after being pulled. There, are you happy, Jason's Deli? You've made a liar out of me.

40th Anniversary Customer Appreciation Day - Wednesday, Nov. 30

Buy any adult entrée & Get One of 8 original items we still serve at its 1976 price!

Eat like it’s 1976!

•While quantities last - Nov. 30, 2016 only! At participating Jason’s Deli restaurants.

•Dine-in or call-in for pick up. Not available online or for delivery. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts.

•Bologna, poor boys, tongue and knackwurst are no longer available.

•Adult entrées are sold at full price and exclude fruit, cups of soup and Kid’s Meals.

menu.png