Tuesdays Event

Is anyone interested in going to Taberna del Alabardero for a Tuesday event?

Taberna del Alabardero is celebrating their 20th Year Anniversary with a Summertime Special of Tapas and Sangria. During the month of July, Taberna del Alabardero will offer an assortment of 6 traditional Tapas along with a pitcher of the best Sangria in town priced at $50 for 2 guests. The summertime special Tapas will include a new seasonal dish, Gazpacho Andalucia, Salpicon de Marisco (marinated seafood salad), Tortilla Espanola, Croquetas de Jamón, Chorizo Parrilla (grilled chorizo), and Falda de Buey con Pimientos (steak with piquillos peppers).

I'm interested in helping to organize a DR event there.

Anyone interested?

Let me know!

Thanks

post-5765-124882807928_thumb.jpg

post-5765-124882808502_thumb.jpg

post-5765-124882809098_thumb.jpg

post-5765-124882809682_thumb.jpg

post-5765-124882810446_thumb.jpg

post-5765-124882812519_thumb.jpg

post-5765-124882813154_thumb.jpg

Taberna del Alabardero is celebrating their 20th Year Anniversary with a Summertime Special of Tapas and Sangria. During the month of July, Taberna del Alabardero will offer an assortment of 6 traditional Tapas along with a pitcher of the best Sangria in town priced at $50 for 2 guests. --snip--

Anyone interested?

Let me know!

Thanks

Since today is the last Tuesday in July, I'm wondering if they have something planned for August?

Taberna del Alabardero is celebrating their 20th Year Anniversary with a Summertime Special of Tapas and Sangria. During the month of July, Taberna del Alabardero will offer an assortment of 6 traditional Tapas along with a pitcher of the best Sangria in town priced at $50 for 2 guests. The summertime special Tapas will include a new seasonal dish, Gazpacho Andalucia, Salpicon de Marisco (marinated seafood salad), Tortilla Espanola, Croquetas de Jamón, Chorizo Parrilla (grilled chorizo), and Falda de Buey con Pimientos (steak with piquillos peppers).

Anyone interested?

Let me know!

Thanks

I'm interested, depending on timing, though $50 for two can't be right. I've always enjoyed La Taberna when I've gone in small groups, but on the occasion I went with a larger one, the risotto was soggy, the mariscos were overcooked, and the chef droned on in a self-promoting spiel, delaying the dinner. But the place is good enough, and beautifully appointed, to deserve another try.

I'm interested, depending on timing, though $50 for two can't be right. I've always enjoyed La Taberna when I've gone in small groups, but on the occasion I went with a larger one, the risotto was soggy, the mariscos were overcooked, and the chef droned on in a self-promoting spiel, delaying the dinner. But the place is good enough, and beautifully appointed, to deserve another try.

Granted the dinner might have been delayed a bit but what is wrong with the chef touting himself and his restaurant? Was it a special type of event put on at the restaurant?

Granted the dinner might have been delayed a bit but what is wrong with the chef touting himself and his restaurant? Was it a special type of event put on at the restaurant?

Yes, it was a special event hosted by the Harvard Club of Washington, and the presentation lasted an hour and a half, 90 minutes, 3 stomach-grumbling cycles. I wrote about it here last November.

Yes, it was a special event hosted by the Harvard Club of Washington, and the presentation lasted an hour and a half, 90 minutes, 3 stomach-grumbling cycles. I wrote about it here last November.

You should have slipped out for a hot dog.