1/11/11 Blowout Benefit

In a desperate attempt for attention and relevance, and to titillate the media with proof that DC isn't a second-rate restaurant town, we are planning a special Don Rockwell-only 11,111 course Blowout Benefit Dinner to celebrate the next cutting edge culinary trend to which Ray's holds the sole claim--Zygo-Eschatological Gastronomy, or Gastronomie Zygo-Eschatologique.

The menu will consist of 11,111 progressive courses, many of which are individual gametes, zygotes, spermatazoa, ova, roes, spores and polyps of different species, and bulding up to various glands, glans, sacs, gonads, ovaries, testicles and "taints"--with a surprise "flight of fistulae" course thrown in.

The special Don Rockwell price for this feast is a mere $111.11.

All proceeds from the event will benefit me, of course.

There will also be an option for matched pairings of specialty, craft, micro and exotic brews curated by the most boring and pedantic person I can find at the bar at RFD, hopefully one with spurious British affectations.

Edited to adjust for my idiocy. (Can one of the special moderators edit the title?)

In a desperate attempt for attention and relevance, and to titillate the media with proof that DC isn't a second-rate restaurant town, we are planning a special Don Rockwell-only 11,111 course Blowout Benefit Dinner to celebrate the next cutting edge culinary trend to which Ray's holds the sole claim--Zygo-Eschatological Gastronomy, or Gastronomie Zygo-Eschatologique.

The menu will consist of 11,111 progressive courses, many of which are individual gametes, zygotes, spermatazoa, ova, roes, spores and polyps of different species, and bulding up to various glands, glans, sacs, gonads, ovaries, testicles and "taints"--with a surprise "flight of fistulae" course thrown in.

The special Don Rockwell price for this feast is a mere $111.11.

All proceeds from the event will benefit me, of course.

There will also be an option for matched pairings of specialty, craft, micro and exotic brews curated by the most boring and pedantic person I can find at the bar at RFD, hopefully one with spurious British affectations.

Edited to adjust for my idiocy. (Can one of the special moderators edit the title?)

OK, then, You've really done it now, Michael. What wonderful deal are you going to cook up for all of us? Hmmm?

Will there be a vegetarian option?