Pho Junkies Food Truck - Zombie-Themed, Roving Downtown Pho Truck

Pho Junkies...a zombie themed pho truck, new on the scene as of last week. Solid effort, broth could use some work, not much depth of flavor and on the salty side, but after adding all the condiments it was a tasty bowl of pho.

Ordered the #4, bowl of pho with three meats (went with tendon, tripe and meat ball...$10). Meat wise it was a little skimpy, wondering how much you would get if you went with some more substantial cuts like the flank steak or fatty brisket.

Also got an order of spring rolls (two for $5), very good spring rolls.

Price wise $15 for lunch is steep but I would rate them one of my better food truck meals.

The tasty Pho truck, whose line was too long for me to stand in today :angry: is PhoJunkies. And admittedly, I am one. So I went to the one next to it, Where Sauca, and had a nice chicken quesadilla. Maybe this new L Street phenomenon can be attributed to trucks trying to find other locations to park than the "squares."

I tried Pho Junkies for the first time today. It's not as good as the best pho I've had in the area, but it's a nice effort for a food truck. I got the No. 1 ($11), with "all the meats," which had plenty of meat -- if anything, it could have used more noodles. Both meat and noodles were cooked past what you get in a good pho parlor, but not terribly so. And the broth could have used a bit more depth, but I didn't notice any oversalting.

There are a ton of places in the area serving better pho, but not downtown. I'd definitely get this again.

Why is a food truck more expensive than a sit-down restaurant? A large bowl at Pho Golden Cow doesn't even cost $8 (IIRC).

You can't compare downtown prices with suburb prices. The truck is right on line in price with the sit down places in DC.