Everybody Needs A Little KLC

Heather

I question the nomination of one of the pastry chefs, Steve KLC. I have never tasted a dessert of his that has been outstanding.

Really? I've had several that were outstanding, the offerings at Zaytinya in particular have been among the best I have had in the city. To each his own. <_<

Really?  I've had several that were outstanding, the offerings at Zaytinya in particular have been among the best I have had in the city.  To each his own.  <_<

Honestly Zaytinya is the only one I have never been to. I just feel the desserts at the other restaurants are just kind of bland.

Your descriptions sound marvelous. I trust your tastes. Maybe I am basing it too much on Jaleo and Oyamel since I frequent these quite a bit (or used to). I don't even remember my dessert at Atlantico (been only once). But at least at these two restaurants, I just don't care for any of the desserts. Opinions aren't set in stone and can always change but based on my experiences, I still feel they were bland, at times more than others.

Really?  I've had several that were outstanding, the offerings at Zaytinya in particular have been among the best I have had in the city.  To each his own.  <_<

I agree. I love Zaytinya's desserts. I rarely order dessert when I go out (not that I wouldn't like to), but at Zaytinya I can't resist.

I question the nomination of one of the pastry chefs, Steve KLC. I have never tasted a dessert of his that has been outstanding.

And I praise it. His work is creative, original, interesting, challenging, and sometimes even comforting. I've been known to choose Zaytina or Jaleo or Cafe Atlantico just because I want a Klc dessert.

And I praise it.  His work is creative, original, interesting, challenging, and sometimes even comforting.  I've been known to choose Zaytina or Jaleo or Cafe Atlantico just because I want a Klc dessert.

Where has he been lately? He used to be ubiquitous on eG (prolix, too <_< ).

And I praise it.  His work is creative, original, interesting, challenging, and sometimes even comforting.  I've been known to choose Zaytina or Jaleo or Cafe Atlantico just because I want a Klc dessert.

I am glad you feel that strongly about it. I certainly don't feel that strongly against it. <_< 'nuf said by me though, it was just an opinion,not gospel.

My favorite part of that dessert are the flecks of sea salt scattered here and there.

Zaytinya's Turkish coffee chocolate might be my favorite dessert in the city. I love the cardamom flavor with the choc. Just stumbled on the recipe.