Chefs On Bikes

ChefJeff

Chefs on Bikes

Chefs on Bikes is coming up June 20th. We're looking for motorcycle riding restaurant ffolks, sponsors, and donors to participate. This is the events 3rd year. We'll be starting at Acadiana for breakfast this year, and finishing at Blue Hill Farm in Virginia for a party and cook-off! This is a fun event!

post-2-1145117412_thumb.jpg

Who are the chefs pictured?

In the middle with the cigar and goggles is Robert Wiedmaier, chef/owner of Marcel's, to his right is R.J. Cooper Chef of Vidalia, and Roberto is on the far right. I need some help identifying the other 2, anyone know who they are? This is from the first years ride in 2004

They look like they just got done auditioning for a slot with the Village People.

After my ignomious, some would say tragic, departure as "The Grill Cook" from The Village People following the ill-fated Philadelphia MOVE Organization Benefit Concert with the ensuing attempt by the Philadelphia PD to blame the infamously homocidal rowhouse blaze on a stage stunt involving me, tongs, live coals and what they claim was an overdone "T-Bone" but was in reality a perfect medium rare, there was no--I repeat NO--attempt ever made to re-fill the vacant hole I left behind.

Support the bikers!!! Give them all the BIKE support they need!! They rock and they roll!!!

After my ignomious, some would say tragic, departure as "The Grill Cook" from The Village People following the ill-fated Philadelphia MOVE Organization Benefit Concert  with the ensuing attempt by the Philadelphia PD to blame the infamously homocidal rowhouse blaze on a stage stunt involving me, tongs, live coals and what they claim was an overdone "T-Bone" but was in reality a perfect medium rare, there was no--I repeat NO--attempt ever made to re-fill the vacant hole I left behind.

Support the bikers!!!  Give them all the BIKE support they need!!  They rock and they roll!!!

Chef Landrum,

As a Philadelphia native, I regret the accusations lodged at you, as an attempt to deflect blame from where it rightfully lay.

Meanwhile, I support the biker chefs, et al. And where are the biker sommoliers?

In the middle with the cigar and goggles is Robert Wiedmaier, chef/owner of Marcel's, to his right is R.J. Cooper Chef of Vidalia, and Roberto is on the far right. I need some help identifying the other 2, anyone know who they are? This is from the first years ride in 2004

More importantly, who's the really buff guy with the cigar on the far left? And, where's Ris Lacoste? Are there no female biker chefs?

And where are the biker sommoliers?

More importantly, who's the really buff guy with the cigar on the far left? 

That's Ramon Narvaez, sommelier at Marcel's.

I'll tell him you said he was buff.

I think that should be his new nickname: Buff.

Rocks.

The guy standing between Wiedmaier and Donna is named Steve. He is not in the restaurant industry but is a very close friend of Robert's. I also count him as a friend, and if you ever read any of my posts about drinking rare and ungodly expensive wines it most likely because of his generosity. He is also the President of the Washington chapter of the culinary society la Chaine, and the Vice President of the Washington chapter of the International Food and Wine Society.

Today was the 2007 version of Chefs on Bikes, the annual fundraiser for Share Our Strength. Apparently there's a long motorcycle ride through scenic parts of Fairfax and Loudon counties - unfortunately, I have no idea how that went. It ends up at Chrysalis Vineyards in Middleburg, with food, wine, beer, music, and a barbecue cook-off. This year suckling pigs were on the menu!

I was lucky enough to be on hand to assist Jamie Stachowski, who last year took home second place for his ribs. Remember his pig from the Fall 2006 Picnic? Imagine a similar amaretto-based brine, injected into a 10-12 pound piglet, cooked sous vide and finished in a smoker. ;) Yes, once again Jamie proved his porcine prowess and matched last year's success. The "Pig on a Bike" trophy will likely be on display behind the bar at Restaurant Kolumbia.

And of course, most importantly, a hefty sum of money was raised for Share Our Strength.

Pictures to come (maybe tomorrow).

YES ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR WHERE YOUR FAVORITE CHEFS AND RESTAURANT FOLKS HOP ON TWO WHEEL MACHINES AND ROAR AROUND THE COUNTRY SIDE!!!!!!

IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND OR PLEDGE YOUR FAVORITE CHEF HERE IS THE LINK!!!!!

CHEFSONBIKES.COM

IT IS ALL TO HELP HUNGRY KIDS!!!!!!!!!

Celebrating its 5th anniversary, Chefs on Bikes invites hospitality professionals from throughout the Mid-Atlantic to:

* Enjoy a beautiful ride while networking

* Learn about new products and offerings from the trade

* Feast on delicious food with