Sign in to follow this  
Simul Parikh

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - What Are The Best Dining Options?

Being Chinese, well, I vote for Chinese food. Specifically, Cantonese, because roast duck is almost like Christmas goose. (Okay, not really...)

• Like 1

Me Jana in Arlington is open (opens at 2:30 p.m.), and their food is delicious.  Good service and hospitality - we've eaten there on Christmas several times, and are having a late lunch there this year.

Yayla Bistro in Falls Church is open Christmas Eve.

Being Chinese, well, I vote for Chinese food. Specifically, Cantonese, because roast duck is almost like Christmas goose. (Okay, not really...)

Mala Tang for me.

Well, true to my word, little man and I went to friends' house where we ordered tea smoked duck and other goodies from Sichuan Jin River for our Christmas Eve. It was like having the turkey or goose...^_^

If folks haven't gone to Tiffany's Bakery in Falls Church or Annandale, it's a pretty nice little bakery. I purchased 5 mini cakes for all of us to share and it was a hit. Especially their tres leches.

• Like 1

We had Christmas dinner at Corduroy. I had two of Tom Power's signature dishes: Shiso salad and seared tuna. My wife opted for the snapper bisque and six plump scallops. All were predictably fabulous. And although the restaurant was full, its tranquillity allowed us to have a quiet conversation. Professionalism par excellence.

• Like 2