TMB - Rockville Pike Lunch Club

DanielK

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Bethesda Heather! I heard you were working here now. (Where I do not know). I am over in the air rights building next to the renovated Hilton. Always up for lunch!

Thanks! I work at Imagination Stage over on Auburn. I am very excited about all the lunch options around here.

Now all I have to do is figure where the American Tap Room is.

I think this should be a Rockville/Bethesda lunch bunch outing.

I think the new Taylor Gourmet is at the NW corner of Elm and Woodmont.

I could do Wednesday or Friday next week for lunch.

Sorry Daniel - while I know the company would be great, the menu at Taylor Gourmet doesn't interest me. Lisa's taking Spawn out for lunch with some friends so I'm going to take the opportunity to enjoy 30 minutes without any spit up in my hair. (I believe rkduggins can relate...).

Let's try Friday at 12:30p at Taylor Gourmet. <snip>

ScottJ was a maybe last night, porcupine was a probably.

Still a "probably". I have a lot of work to do on Friday, but if I time things right I should be able to break free.

Any newbies nearby want to join us? We don't bite, promise. And I've been told that I'm not as prickly in person as my online demeanor would suggest. :(

Still a "probably". I have a lot of work to do on Friday, but if I time things right I should be able to break free.

Any newbies nearby want to join us? We don't bite, promise. And I've been told that I'm not as prickly in person as my online demeanor would suggest. :(

Wish I could, but getting an early start on the holiday weekend. Maybe I can catch up with everyone next time. My office just relocated to the Shady Grove Road area, but we're on the north side, so actually a Gaithersburg address. Hope you won't hold that against me :)

I regretfully have to disagree with this sentiment. Despite all the heretofore mentions of Ms. Miller as nice, funny, talented, competitive, a fine dining partner etc, all I have to say is take one little dessert off your menu, tease her repeatedly on its return (just call me Lucy to her Charlie Brown) and you will have a new appreciation of what PMS* truly is. You have been warned.

*PMS = Pinenut Tart Missing Syndrome

Friday at 12:30p at Taylor Gourmet.

DanielK

hm212

rkduggins

Anyone else in? Open to all...

Just a reminder if you are free for lunch today we are meeting at the brand new Taylor Gourmet in Bethesda at 12:30 they just opened yesterday.

(7280 Woodmont Avenue).

take one little dessert off your menu, tease her repeatedly on its return (just call me Lucy to her Charlie Brown) and you will have a new appreciation of what PMS* truly is.

Sadly, Lucy Dean is correct about the Pinenut Tart Missing Syndrome.

[you wanna say that to my face, duck-boy? :( ]

People who order pork belly and complain about the fat deserve a WTF.

It looks like they've changed the presentation since I was there. That looks more gyro-shaped, while mine was stuffed in a long thin pita. My only complaint was that the sandwich suffered structural failure almost immediately after it was picked up. I may have to call another meeting of the Bethesda/Rockville lunch bunch to try it again.

Agreed I've had one of the early versions as Heather that didn't look like the above pic. Another stop is due soon.

Wed is out for me, but the rest of the week looks good.

For some reason, I'm having a serious jonesing for Indian food. Passage to India, mebbe? I still have yet to try Mussel Bar so that has some appeal, but going at lunch would preclude beer and that would be a shame. :(