TMB - Rockville Pike Lunch Club

DanielK

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like tomorrow will be the day. I am coming up from DC, should be able to get there is plenty of time.

Friday 12 noon at Bob's Shabu Shabu for Mongolian Lamb Hot Pot and other things.... Someone call my cell (703-282-0819) if plans change.

Deangold

Xcanuck

Porcupine

Scott

Any others?

WIMPS...All of you. Dean and I had a delightful lunch. I wish you were there to enjoy the fab spicy lamb hot pot. This will be my last RPLC for a while. I may have to start a Bethesda spin off....

Triple spacing is better than a tasting

Dean, Scott, I'm sorry but I have to miss this one, too. <sigh> Maybe next time.

WIMPS...All of you. Dean and I had a delightful lunch. I wish you were there to enjoy the fab spicy lamb hot pot. This will be my last RPLC for a while. I may have to start a Bethesda spin off....

Triple spacing is better than a tasting

What's wrong with Monday at JNH?

Weather permitting, I'll be running errands near the Rockville Metro. Any chance of hooking up with the TMB - Rockville Pike Lunch crew on Monday? La Canela?

With Scott and JPW having left the area, Dean spending more time in the kitchen at Dino, and me having lost a regular work-from-home day, we haven't met in a long long time.

With Scott and JPW having left the area, Dean spending more time in the kitchen at Dino, and me having lost a regular work-from-home day, we haven't met in a long long time.

I haven't come regularly in a long time. I've missed it, but no longer have access to the car. Further killing my participation, Monday is my first day on a new job at the Bethesda branch (so to speak) of where I work. I hope I get a chance to sample all that Bethesda has to offer in terms of restaurants :lol:

I haven't come regularly in a long time. I've missed it, but no longer have access to the car. Further killing my participation, Monday is my first day on a new job at the Bethesda branch (so to speak) of where I work. I hope I get a chance to sample all that Bethesda has to offer in terms of restaurants :lol:
There is a few of us in Bethesda. I am traveling next week but after I am back we should do Bethesda lunch

The Bethesda Lunch Bunch drifted north, and we're going to be at Bob's 88 Shabu Shabu at noon.

At least 3 are in - anyone else?

[crossposted from BLB topic]

Thru the wonders of the Intuit Web Server Service I do not have to actually drive to Rockville to hand deliver my overly large file (22mb) to my CPA. THis internet thing might catch on but why the frig do all thre of my email clients ahve a 10 to 20 meg limit on attachments? And why the hell is an accounting file 22mb? In other words, I am running another errand in another direction and will miss the excellent company & food.

I could be talked into this. But not A&J, 'cause that's where MrP and I are going for dinner. How about JNH instead of Bob's?
I've been off of JNH for the past while. ANywhere else you like. Vit Goel Lighthouse Tofu perhaps? China Bistro or Mama's Dumplings?

So, I'm off Monday, and working from home on Tuesday. Time to reconvene the RPLC?
I am totally up for it! It's been waaay too long. I assume we're talking about Monday.

Should we hit one of the traditional places (JNH, A&J, Bob's) or try something new? Maybe one of Dean's Korean finds? Or how about Nava Thai?

I am totally up for it! It's been waaay too long. I assume we're talking about Monday.

Should we hit one of the traditional places (JNH, A&J, Bob's) or try something new? Maybe one of Dean's Korean finds? Or how about Nava Thai?

I might be a tad busy that day. :P

Yes, Nava Thai! I've been trying to get there, so let's do it. Noon?

Maybe next month.

Only if it's President's Day - I don't get a regular work-from-home day on my current contract.

How about China Bistro at 1pm?

If no one else makes another suggestion, then I'll see you at China Bistro at 1 p.m. on Tuesday. I'm gonna be in Vegas this weekend and I think I'm wagering on the Cards plus whatever points. If I win the bet, I'll pick up lunch. I don't care if the Eagles win the game or not, I'm happy if they don't cover.

If no one else makes another suggestion, then I'll see you at China Bistro at 1 p.m. on Tuesday. I'm gonna be in Vegas this weekend and I think I'm wagering on the Cards plus whatever points. If I win the bet, I'll pick up lunch. I don't care if the Eagles win the game or not, I'm happy if they don't cover.

I'm buying lunch. See you tomorrow.

I didn't have anything in mind, but here are a few ideas:

Black's (someone requested seafood)

Ren's Ramen/Daruma (recent buzz on the new noodle bar inside Daruma)

Mia's

Visions (haven't been yet)

Divino Lounge (suggested in email)

North China (wouldn't be a BLB/RPLC if we didn't have at least one Chinese option)

...any other place someone is interested in.