TMB - Rockville Pike Lunch Club

DanielK

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am doubtful for this week as I am in the middle of Budgets!

OK - so let's do this Thursday.

At this point, I believe we have DanielK, JPW, Porcupine, Al Dente, eroica38, bookluvingbabe, and deangold. I'm assuming that Rachel is out this time around given the week long class. I'll try to get there reasonably early to secure a table and ensure that Porcupine and I have a sufficient quantity of jerky to sustain us.

I figure that three orders will be enough for Porcupine and I. Plus maybe an extra take out order for munching on at home. ;)

So we'll meet at noon tomorrow. Daniel - let us know if there's anything you want us to order before you get there.

May I take Al Dente's place? My brain is foggy, and a little Sichuan food is necessary to clear things up.

Absolutely!! The more the merrier!

+1, not mrP, if that's ok. Amit, better get us a big table...

Of course that's OK.

However, I don't think a bigger table is going to be necessary. Someone scheduled me for a meeting from 11:45-12:30 today and I can't get out of it.

So right now, we have:

porcupine +1

perrik

DanielK

deangold

JPW

eroica38

On for 12pm today. Sorry about bailing at the last minute. I'll see some of you later tonite at DCCK. Definitely will NOT miss that.

Absolutely!! The more the merrier!

Of course that's OK.

However, I don't think a bigger table is going to be necessary. Someone scheduled me for a meeting from 11:45-12:30 today and I can't get out of it.

So right now, we have:

porcupine +1

perrik

DanielK

deangold

JPW

eroica38

On for 12pm today. Sorry about bailing at the last minute. I'll see some of you later tonite at DCCK. Definitely will NOT miss that.

I had the day off yesterday, and I just saw our prep list for today, so I am going straight into the kitchen! See you soon. The hot pot with tripe, pigs blood, tree eat and glass noodle is incredible!

A most excellent return to the RPLC! I'm glad to be back!

Beef crack jerky, Spicy wontons, Fried anchovies and peanuts, Fried eggplant, Mapo tofu, Gen Guan's chicken, pork in sweet and sour sauce with rice cakes.

Wow, they were certainly on today. We started with stuff that was hot, and went all the way through really REALLY f*cking hot. When I ordered, and she recognized me, and said "ma la?", she really took my "Yes!" to heart. But, most importantly, we worked our way through 4 apps and 3 mains, and while all of them had heat to some degree, they came with 7 completely different flavor profiles. Whoever was at the wok today deserves a medal.

I had basically taken Joe's out of the rotation following a few meals of indifferent food and indifferent service. But today's lunch mark Joe's return to top form. I don't recall a better meal there and the service was really friendly and good. The spicy and tasty tofu was especially good as were the spicy radish and spicy tofu small plates. The dry Sichuan spicy beef was very crispy and flavorful and incendiary hot.

I had basically taken Joe's out of the rotation following a few meals of indifferent food and indifferent service. But today's lunch mark Joe's return to top form. I don't recall a better meal there and the service was really friendly and good. The spicy and tasty tofu was especially good as were the spicy radish and spicy tofu small plates. The dry Sichuan spicy beef was very crispy and flavorful and incendiary hot.

This is a strong statement coming from you. Is this the best Szechuan meal you've had in the area?

This is a strong statement coming from you. Is this the best Szechuan meal you've had in the area?

I would put it up with the best meals I have had a Sichuan Pavillion but in a different mode. The food at Joe's has a strong comfort food mode while the food at SP is more subtle and refined {or as subtle and refined as a meal as incendiary hot as SP and, today, Joe's can be}. Whereas the last year or so our Rockville chinese decision was always defined as SP or A&J, not the question is going to have three answers. Today was just one data point, but it was strong enough to the good to change my rotation.