DanielK

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great for me, name a time...

Amit, A&J has a great spicy Beef Soup

JPW chime in if you have you 1pm call today.

I've been meaning to try to that so A&J sounds great to me.

I can't remember when DanielK is in the Rockville area....and maybe Smokey is ready for a post-baby excursion??? Heather? Dean? Porcupine? Where is everyone?

So, it's Monday.

11:30 approaches.

Location?

I'm out today (countertops being installed :blink: ), but I fear that we're falling into a rut. I want to check out La Limena in Ritchie Center sometime, or some other place that I've never been.

I'm out today (countertops being installed :blink: ), but I fear that we're falling into a rut. I want to check out La Limena in Ritchie Center sometime, or some other place that I've never been.
I'm out today, too. Meetings from 11am-1pm solid.

I agree that we're getting into a rut (but what a lovely rut it is!!). Time to explore some of the other dining opportunities along the Pike.

I am out today as well, however the next couple of days are fine (sorry DanielK, but these things happen). I did stop by the chicken place next to Penzey's and feel I need to go there again for a sampler (chicken was OK, sides were really good). There are a 1/2 dozen other places that I have passed that I also want to try. Anyone been to Amici Miei Ristorante?

Anyone been to Amici Miei Ristorante?

IIRC, Porcupine has no love for Amici Miei. I think there is a thread on it with decided mixed opinions. doesn't mean we shouldn't try it.

I would love to hook up at some point for some lunch, this week &/or next.

So, what did you guys think of La Limena?
I was a little adventurous and tried the grilled tripe, which was delicious if you go for that sort of thing. Lightly seasoned, crisp on the grilled side, and not overly chewy. I liked the place but not sure how tired I'd have to be with JNH or A&J before I'd choose to go back here. Just personal preference, not a knock on La Limena.

I am in for tomorrow! Anyone up for lunch? La Limena? Joe's?

We did La Limena last week.

If we want to try something new, how about El Patio, Cava, or Temari Cafe?

But I'm fine with Bob's or Joe's if we want to visit an old favorite...

how about... Temari Cafe?

I am 'free' tomorrow (meaning, babe would be with me) and have been long meaning to try Temari Cafe (which isn't to say I wouldn't go elsewhere if the group swayed somewhere else...). It's been a while since I've been to Joe's, and would enjoy returning there.

On my way to the culinary wasteland of Research Triangle Park. Why don't they send me to someplace NICE?

It was in the 70s and breezy along the VA/NC border this weekend, at least. Hey, you didn't drive down by any chance, did you? Because in nearby Chapel Hill, A Southern Season is rumored to carry Blenheim ginger ale, subject to availability. I was planning to visit on Friday, but the incredibly f*d traffic between the mixing bowl and Quantico (2+ hours to cover the first 15 miles) nixed that plan, along with my Buz and Ned's plan.

Noon is good for me. See y'all there.

ETA: Sorry...something came up and I can't be there. On my way to the culinary wasteland of Research Triangle Park. Why don't they send me to someplace NICE?

Head to Enoteca Vin in Raleigh and you'll think it's just fine!

Cheers,

Rocks.