Copper Canyon Grill, Formerly Redrock Canyon Grill - Owned by the Blueridge Restaurant Group, LLC

There's one in that bubble of chain restaurant hell, the Rio Center, in Gaithersburg. That should tell you all you need to know. :lol:

Redrock was carved from the vision of founders who have been involved in the management and expansion of Steak & Ale, Chi-Chi’s and Outback Restaurant Groups.

The menu features "Legendary Baked Potato Soup" and an entree called "Cluck and Oink."

Some friends of mine are suggesting we meet here for dinner this weekend. Looks like cheerless chain hell to me. Anyone been?

Actually, it's cheerful chain hell, ginormous portions and all. The server will harp about fresh, regional ingredients, but in the end I'd place it somewhere betwee TGIF and the Cheesecake Factory.

Some friends of mine are suggesting we meet here for dinner this weekend. Looks like cheerless chain hell to me. Anyone been?

Red Rock Canyon Grill

Clearly your only option is to get as fucked up possible and stick to the avocado dip. Other options include revenging yourself on your friends by loudly declaring "the only difference between this joint and Ray's the Stakes is that the food is cheaper at Ray's and it doesn't suck," or "twelve bucks for a glass of that cat-piss Santa Margarita Pino Grigio? There are entire time zones in Europe and South America where you can get a liter of real wine for half that. (this is especially effective if someone at the table orders it)."

Red Rock Canyon Grill

What I can't quite figure out is that while the menus appear to be similar, the Maryland and Virginia locations appear to be breakaways from the mothership. If you go to this website and click on "Locations," you'll see a little line of text at the bottom of the page that says "Non-affiliated locations in Virginia and Maryland," followed by the link Al Dente referenced. Not that this is any major piece of news or gossip, but does anyone know the story behind this?

The e-mail with other suggestions has already been sent. Thanks Heather-- you provided about 1/2 the text. I'm not interested in anyone's "carved vision" from any of those other joints. :lol:

You're welcome, Mike. I've endured quite enough corporate robo-cuisine in my life and have no desire to my friends suffer the same way. :unsure:

[i'm not changing my title.]

hehe

And they seem to be taking the same attitude, trying to 'sneak in' a new name. Went a few weeks ago for lunch and noticed that some things were changing, but not all. It begged the age-old question - does the bev nap match the welcome carpet? :angry:

I wonder if they lost a bet or a lawsuit. This change doesn't seem to represent an actual change.

At least I kept the cartoon theme, sort of.

(I always laughed at the EEYOW! with the tongue sticking out of the O.)

Indeed! And by "some things were changing: I meant that depending on where you looked, some places still said "red rock" and others "copper". Other places said nothing. The Red Rock mother ship must have reclaimed the name - so now they have to change all the napkins, menus, guest checks, seat backs, carvings, signage, advertising, banners, vehicles, glasses, coasters, bev naps, etc. Sucks to have so much brand synergy.

And I wonder - certainly Fred Flintstone mined Red Rocks. They might have been red due to traces of copper - So I think the cartoon theme still applies. Does Copper Canyon Grill have a mascot?

Whatever the name of the place is, a couple of months ago I received in the mail a $10 gift card to the restaurant. I'm not going to use it. If anyone wants it, PM me to coordinate a hand over. I believe the only considerations are that it is $10 off of a $25 food purchase, and it expires on 2/1/10. There is one in downtown Silver Spring, maybe that is why I was sent one; I live near there. Or that and they got my name from list of food-related magazine subscribers. Whatever the reason; I know I'm not using the card.

Sister in law got a gift card for this place so we went the other night. Keeping in mind the adage "If you don't have anything nice to say..." The bathroom was clean and they had crayons for the kids. And they were ridiculously crowded.

Sister in law got a gift card for this place so we went the other night. Keeping in mind the adage "If you don't have anything nice to say..." The bathroom was clean and they had crayons for the kids. And they were ridiculously crowded.

I was going to write a 1,000-page book entitled, "Why I Hate Society, and Why You Should, Too," but you just wrote it for me.

• Like 1