Dining with Live Jazz

hillvalley

I'm looking for a place where we can have a nice dinner while listening to live music, preferrably jazz.

We tried Utopia this weekend, which had a Jazz quartet that went on around 10. The only problem was that unless you got one of the few tables in front of the bar you couldn't see the musicians, let alone hear the music.

I'm looking for a place where we can have a nice dinner while listening to live music, preferrably jazz.

We tried Utopia this weekend, which had a Jazz quartet that went on around 10. The only problem was that unless you got one of the few tables in front of the bar you couldn't see the musicians, let alone hear the music.

Tryst does nice sandwiches with in person dining and live jazz many nights, Willow has a jazz night (Thursdays), Columbia station does live jazz and serves food I think as well.

Blues Alley is nice in that the music is good and the food is "nice" if nothing special. Expensive though...
The food is expensive for what it is and I don't think it much good, but you can have a table there with a couple drinks and eat elsewhere beforehand. Not sure if that suits your needs, but BA is otherwise a great venue and brings in some very good shows.

Blues Alley is nice in that the music is good and the food is "nice" if nothing special. Expensive though...

Actually, once it warms up you can eat at Dino's and listen to that guy who playes trumpet for spare change on the corner of Connecticut and Ordway, right? Is an employee? :o

Actually, once it warms up you can eat at Dino's and listen to that guy who playes trumpet for spare change on the corner of Connecticut and Ordway, right? Is an employee? :o

Anything is better than being within five blocks of Verizon Center and having to endure that ear-splitting ka-chuck-chuck chucka-chucka, chuck-chuck chucka-chucka when those dudes play drums on the upside-down plastic containers. It was actually fine the first FIVE HUNDRED TIMES I heard it, but they never change the beat!