The List Are You On It

Joe H

For "The Buzz" alone it's extremely worthwhile as well as what may be the source of endless discussions on here: Michel Richard's new 200 seat American restaurant on Pennsylvania Avenue, a Bethesda restaurant where all dishes are 600 calories or less (modelled after Orlando's incredibly successful Seasons 52 where all dishes are 480 calories or less), the new DC Chef's magazine, the Seasons new chef who hails from Chartwell in the Four Seasons in Vancouver (I've eaten there; it is considered one of the two or three best restaurants in the city but I do not know if he was the chef de cuisine.), "Zengo D. C.," "Willow" and "Acadiana." The last three are all huge openings for Washington. My apologies if any of this has already been discussed elsewhere on here.

I find "the buzz" and "openings" sections of The List to be useful in helping keep track of what's going on around town.  Now if DR would only tell us what the big news is, I'd feel fulfilled!

Since he gave no hints, and does not allow us to post our random and uninformed speculation, I will do it here. I think that after seeing the success of Tom Power's Corduroy at a dour, out of the way hotel, Michel Richard is packing-up from the Latham, and moving it to the Day's Inn in Lanham. :P

I think the List is cool - but it seems over-laden with info.... I get overwhelmed everytime I check it out -

It also seems like a lot more about what Lisa and Nycci are doing (events, tastings, dinners, etc.) than what we all should be or could be planning to do in the future! I'd rather attend events than read the reviews of them after the fact.

DC She is a fun little link though -

Overall I like what these gals are trying to do -

Since he gave no hints, and does not allow us to post our random and uninformed speculation, I will do it here.  I think that after seeing the success of Tom Power's Corduroy at a dour, out of the way hotel, Michel Richard is packing-up from the Latham, and moving it to the Day's Inn in Lanham.   :P

I hope you're right. That would make me look very smart.

Edited by Tom Power

This is an especially interesting website whoze monthly Buzz is a great source for happenings here.

http://www.thelistareyouonit.com/component...buzz/Itemid,34/

Among other interesting notes:

Ris Lacoste is leaving 1789 to start her own restaurant. Bob Kinkead is proving to be a real source for outstanding DC area chefs with Lacoste, Jeff Black and Taci O'Grady now all having their own restaurants. All started with him and stayed here.

San Francisco's enormously popular Cowgirl (sorry for earlier mistake) Creamery s opening an outpost here.

The chef from the Occidental is leaving to open his own restaurant in....Vienna-"Bazin's on Church." Is Vienna in the infancy of becoming the Bethesda of the western suburbs? With Tysons and Reston not having realistic opportunities (i.e. space at a fair price) this may be the place that will develop.

Fahrenheit in the Ritz Carlton Georgetown has a new chef....from the Striped Bass, the landmark restaurant in Philadelphia.

Metrocurean http://amandamc.blogspot.com/ is one of the websites which The List references. There are a number of in depth features on the current one which are mentioned above.

Edited by Joe H