Restaurant Hopping

acevedo81

For the past 4 months or so I have gathered a group of friends (some in the restaurant business) and we start around 6ish hopping by a 3-4 restaurants sampling some food and drinks that we research as something great each place has to offer. Of course I have used this site and others to figure out what restaurants and what dishes/drinks we can´t miss. There are a few rules here:

1. Each place has to be walking distance from the next

2. You cannot order more than a taste at each place, to ensure that there is enough room to move on to the next location.

3. DC only

Some of the routes we have chosen are:

1. Taberna del Alabardero - Restaurant Kolumbia - kinkeads

2. PS7 - Poste - Tosca

3. Taberna del Alabardero - Zaytinya - Proof (ok, so i broke rule 1 here)

The problem is that I´m running out of ideas and I know there are so many options... Can you suggest a group of restaurants we could try? if you are interested in joining, please let me know so we can include you?

Thanks in advance

How about the Central, D'Acqua [although the salt-baked fish is what's best here imo so that's a full dinner], & give 701 Pennsylvania a try [very happy results just a month back].

Else, replace one with The Source, Cafe du Parc / Willard Room [same building], or TenPenh.

I would pass on Tweaked's Jose Andres Penn Quarter tour (all of those places have declined in the last year, in my opinion), and instead go on a little walking tour of PQ and Chinatown.

Start down on Pennsylvania for some gougeres at Central, walk up 11th street and to the left for a half bowl of pasta at the bar at Tosca, then veer back to the right and up another couple blocks for a great glass of wine and some white tuna crudo at Proof, then take a short trip up 8th to PS7s for a Bolshevik and a plate of tuna sliders, then through the pass by Tech World and to the left to Acadiana for a biscuit and some charbroiled oysters, and then finally finishing your night with some Hazelnut bars at Cordur.. :mellow: . Oh well, that would have been the best ending to the night, but you'll have to settle for some Belgian beers and a waffle du jour if you're still hungry at Brasserie Beck.

I would pass on Tweaked's Jose Andres Penn Quarter tour (all of those places have declined in the last year, in my opinion), and instead go on a little walking tour of PQ and Chinatown.

Start down on Pennsylvania for some gougeres at Central, walk up 11th street and to the left for a half bowl of pasta at the bar at Tosca, then veer back to the right and up another couple blocks for a great glass of wine and some white tuna crudo at Proof, then take a short trip up 8th to PS7s for a Bolshevik and a plate of tuna sliders, then through the pass by Tech World and to the left to Acadiana for a biscuit and some charbroiled oysters, and then finally finishing your night with some Hazelnut bars at Cordur.. :) . Oh well, that would have been the best ending to the night, but you'll have to settle for some Belgian beers and a waffle du jour if you're still hungry at Brasserie Beck.

Maybe they should go on the Tunks Tour instead

Ceiba

TenPenh

DC Coast

Acadiana

:mellow: