Khoa Nguyen, Our New TV Star

RJ Cooper

Yes Yes our long time events coordinator Khoa and his cousin Denise (relief hostess Vidalia) will be facing off against 7 other teams on NBC to win there own restaurant!!!!!! He has been keeping the secret for months now, we finally can see what unfolds!!!!!!!! I think Marco makes him cry.

Yes Yes our long time events coordinator Khoa and his cousin Denise (relief hostess Vidalia) will be facing off against 7 other teams on NBC to win there own restaurant!!!!!! He has been keeping the secret for months now, we finally can see what unfolds!!!!!!!! I think Marco makes him cry.

REMEMBER ALL THAT MY GREAT EVENTS COORDINATOR KHOA'S DEBUT OF THE CHOPPING BLOCK IS MARCH 11TH

LET THE GAMES UNFOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I've been watching the promos for this show and he looks tougher than Gordon Ramsey! Saw him on AB No Reservations too. I think he made GR cry (so I hear), so the winner is going to really tough it out to get that restaurant!

Wow, I've been watching the promos for this show and he looks tougher than Gordon Ramsey! Saw him on AB No Reservations too. I think he made GR cry (so I hear), so the winner is going to really tough it out to get that restaurant!
Per various citations, collected at Wikipedia, "I didn't make Gordon cry, he chose to cry!" He's also reputed to have thrown a sizzling skillet full of scallops at Mario Batali's head, and filmed an episode of Martha Stewart Living featuring his first on-air cooking demo with a hangover after an evening of flaming sambuca shots. He's, um, colorful. :rolleyes:

One refreshing occurrence on tonight's premiere: A couple who race madly through the competition -- opening a restaurant and serving meals on about 24 hours' notice -- decide on their own that this idiocy is just too degrading and that Chef Blowhard can take his check and chuck it. In reality TV, this might be the season not so much of change as change-of-mind, as with "The Bachelor's" already immortal "Oops, I'm engaged to the wrong girl." But the two feisty "Chopping Block" contestants who opt out tonight emerge as genuine heroes.

-- Tom Shales, Washington Post

Khoa decided that if he wanted to be yelled at by a psychotic genius chef, he'd just have RJ do it. :rolleyes:

To his credit, I think he came to the conclusion that he didn't want to be on a "team" where people routinely back-stab each other and where, to win, he's likely have to become vicious little weasle himself .

(Though, in what I can't help but think might be part of the script, the real assholes usually get elimated before the final two in Hell's Kitchen and "good guys" usually seem to win. Not that the producers would fix the game, or anything).

Khoa decided that if he wanted to be yelled at by a psychotic genius chef, he'd just have RJ do it. :rolleyes:

To his credit, I think he came to the conclusion that he didn't want to be on a "team" where people routinely back-stab each other and where, to win, he's likely have to become vicious little weasle himself .

(Though, in what I can't help but think might be part of the script, the real assholes usually get elimated before the final two in Hell's Kitchen and "good guys" usually seem to win. Not that the producers would fix the game, or anything).

Yes my star is off but I think that their may be a reality show twist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His departure was open ended. And Waitman I havent yelled at him in days!!!!!!!

Watching this show has been a guilty pleasure, even though NBC cancelled it after only 3 episodes. I've continued to watch on Hulu & now that they 're down to the final 2 teams, the final episode should be quite interesting. Marco Pierre White as the host is alternately interesting (when he's doing cooking demos) & annoying (most of the rest of the time), but I really enjoy seeing what goes on in the kitchen, even if it's a competitive reality show, not a real restaurant.

The final 2 teams both cooked for the red restaurant, both chefs are blonds from California-Lisa & Anapol are both seasoned restaurant vets, Kelsey (w/ her sister Vanessa as FOH) is a personal chef, I believe. The last challenge was for them to each cook 3 courses (ap, main, & dessert), working side by side in a tiny kitchen, w/ a dumbwaiter to move the food up to the dining room in a museum on the upper floor. Kelsey barely squeaked out the win, although her dishes, other than the dessert, didn't appeal to me (of course, I don't know how they tasted). However, she still asks for lots of help in the kitchen from Lisa, while Lisa bangs her food out unassisted (& most of the things she cooks seem quite appetizing to me, w/ the exception of her last dessert, which sounded kind of gross- a split fig, w/ a warmed goat cheese sauce & pomegranate seeds).

For the final, each team takes a separate restaurant (so no help from Lisa for Kelsey)...

(edited, because her name's Kelsey, not Chelsey & it's a museum, not an art gallery)

Damn, this seems like forever ago.

If this was pulled after three episodes, was there no winner?

Never mind.