After Work Hangout in Dupont

DanCole42

With the exception of Vidalia, what's a good after-work hangout in Dupont? I'm thinking quiet, possibly with sort of a lounge area, that's not too pricey but with decent food? Table service is optional. Would Bistrot du Coin work?

With the exception of Vidalia, what's a good after-work hangout in Dupont? I'm thinking quiet, possibly with sort of a lounge area, that's not too pricey but with decent food? Table service is optional. Would Bistrot du Coin work?

Firefly is noisy, but the lounge area not so much.

Not sure Bistrot du Coin would be quiet and relaxed. On Connecticut, the bar/cafe at Kramerbooks is decent, Sette Osteria for Italian. Several spots on P street come to mind: Sakana (if you're in the mood for sushi), Pizzeria Paradiso (antipasti and good beer/wines), Brickskellar (food is so-so).

Pizzeria Paradiso (antipasti and good beer/wines)

The other day, Paradiso was packed and deafening at the bar (which has very little room to pass by when it's crowded), and the service was scattershot. I don't think it fits "quiet" or "relaxing" in the least, but YMMV.

I've had good experiences at Firefly and earlier in the week, haven't found it to be too noisy. Urbana has a good happy hour with some delicious appetizers, pizzas, etc. on special, but it is usually terribly noisy and too dark to my liking. As for Bistrot du Coin, I really like the food and atmosphere, but it's definitely not quiet. Among the options mentioned thus far, if you're looking for some place low key, I'd go with Firefly.

The new Madhatter isn't quiet but it is clean (for now) and the food was surprisingly good.

We also do Darlington House a lot and their food is good.