"Like" dcdining.com on Facebook, Por Favor

Gang,

Don't mean to be a ho, but if you're on Facebook, and also reading this message right now, please go ahead and "Like" dcdining.com on Facebook (it's the third thing, on the first line, in my Signature in this post - just click on the thing in the first line that says "Facebook"). By all means, follow it on Twitter, too, if you'd like.

I only Tweet interesting things (I hope) that are relevant to the area dining scene. Once in awhile, I'll throw in something I think is important, sometimes promoting a charitable cause (I'm a softie, and always will be). Occasionally, I'll insert a jab or two, politically, comically, or culturally, but not often - I try to stick with what I think you'll want to see.

If you want the really funny, dirty stuff, follow me personally (that would be clicking on "Facebook" in the second line). I really encourage every single member here to friend me personally on Facebook. At some point, we should all meet, and there's no reason we shouldn't be friends.

Even if you don't follow me personally (my personal Facebook page doesn't have a whole lot of dining stuff on it), you'll get important, early dining news, without a lot of excess fluff, if you follow dcdining.com. I make it a point not to flood people with a bunch of crap - there is nothing more annoying (quite frankly, I find *this post* to be annoying, but when you don't have a PR agent, you have to do it all yourself, unfortunately).

Thank you!

(And yes, I will delete this post later today because it has no business being here, at least not longer than for a few hours.)

Don: Luv's you a lot, but I'm really, really paranoid about FaceBook. Call me irrational, childish, whatever. I did set up an account a few weeks ago, and aImost immediately, started getting messages from "lawyers" claiming that someone with my last name had died somewhere in Africa, naming me as a beneficiary in their wills. All I needed to do was send info on my bank acct......

I do not use my account on FB. Otherwise I would happily do a thumbs-up for ya.

Don: Luv's you a lot, but I'm really, really paranoid about FaceBook. Call me irrational, childish, whatever. I did set up an account a few weeks ago, and aImost immediately, started getting messages from "lawyers" claiming that someone with my last name had died somewhere in Africa, naming me as a beneficiary in their wills. All I needed to do was send info on my bank acct......

I do not use my account on FB. Otherwise I would happily do a thumbs-up for ya.

You, sir, are the type of person who frequents Restaurant Week.

I was tired and hadn't slept, okay?! :P

This is really funny. Facebook is advertising "Reply links" to the administrators of company pages. I just went into to the dcdining.com page (which I obviously administer), and this is what they used for an example:

---

New: Reply links make it easy to have conversations You can reply directly to comments on your page.

202980_1487985939_5182523_t.jpgDon Rockwell Thanks for sharing. Your posts are always so interesting to read, and I'd love to see more!
Like · Reply · Today at 10:30 am
41565_149700998395718_2372_t.jpgdcdining.com Thank you! We appreciate your feedback!
Like · Today at 10:35 am
  • Like 1