Science Club, Vegetarian with a Good Beer Selection in South Dupont - Closed

Not quite Connecticut and M, but two new restaurants have opened on 19th between M and L...

Science Club, replaced whatever had taken the place of Star of Siam, and Mezza Luna just opened, taking the place of...oh I can't remember. I don't know anything about these places, but what kind of name for a retaurant is Science Club? Maybe it really is a club/hangout for scientists?

Science Club? That sounds interesting. Anyone have news on what it is? Bar, lounge, resto? What kind of drinks, couches, food? Maybe you have to check your brain at the door? tongue.gif

Not quite Connecticut and M, but two new restaurants have opened on 19th between M and L...

Science Club, replaced whatever had taken the place of Star of Siam, and Mezza Luna just opened, taking the place of...oh I can't remember. I don't know anything about these places, but what kind of name for a retaurant is Science Club? Maybe it really is a club/hangout for scientists?

It's a bar/lounge that serves food.

I know the guy who dj's there Tuesdays and Saturdays. He says it is slowly starting to pick up. Apparentely there is a pretty wide range of people hanging out there, from skateboarders to special ed. teachers to lawyers. The decor is supposed to be great and the lounge comfortable. But that's just what I have heard. It's proximity to work makes it a likely target for a Happy Hour in the near future.

I never realized Science Club was 100% vegetarian until yesterday, when I stopped in for happy hour ($3 Yuenglings; I opted for an Organic Pinkus Pilsner ($8)) and noticed that all 22 items on their menu are vegetarian, with at least 13 of them vegan (there are vegan options for several of the vegetarian dishes).

Okay, I'm not telling everyone to rush over to Science Club (I didn't order any food), but thought I'd at least mention it as an unpublicized vegetarian option. Although if you sit at the bar downstairs, you may leave incensed (literally).

Cheers,

Rocks.

I never realized Science Club was 100% vegetarian until yesterday, when I stopped in for happy hour ($3 Yuenglings; I opted for an Organic Pinkus Pilsner ($8)) and noticed that all 22 items on their menu are vegetarian, with at least 13 of them vegan (there are vegan options for several of the vegetarian dishes).

Okay, I'm not telling everyone to rush over to Science Club (I didn't order any food), but thought I'd at least mention it as an unpublicized vegetarian option. Although if you sit at the bar downstairs, you may leave incensed (literally).

Cheers,

Rocks.

"Science Club Closes after 10 Years on 19th Street" by Tim Regan on borderstan.com