The Washington City Paper Dining Quiz

TedE

Umm, is #13 a trick question?

Zaytinya is misspelled, but otherwise, aren't they all A&D-designed restaurants?

I was wondering the same. I guess you could make an argument for the misspelling, or there's another restaurant on the list that doesn't really fit the question criteria (anymore).

Yanyu isn't open any longer, but I would be suprised to hear that it was an A&D design.  It seems much different from the others.

It was. Probably one of their most successful designs, considering the awkwardness of the space.

Hey everybody--

You guys are correct. Due to a fact-checking lapse on my part (I trusted someone I shouldn't have), Question 13 does not have a correct answer. That means everyone gets it right!

The $100 goes to the top scorer, not the perfect scorer, so--yes--someone will win $100!

Apologies,

Mike DeBonis

City Paper

Here is a clue - and the rest is up to you. (hint: look down the left hand sidebar.)

Hmmmmmph!!! (you get to do that when you get officially old)...not much of a clue when it yields the following:

DSFRemoteUI error '800a000d'

Type mismatch

D:\WWWROOT\DOH\NEWS_ROOM_DSF\../DSF_RemoteUI/DSF_RemoteUI_inc.asp, line 143

You think we broke their database?

Edited by Escoffier

Umm, is #13 a trick question?

Zaytinya is misspelled, but otherwise, aren't they all A&D-designed restaurants?

Heh.

Due to a fact-checking error by writer Mike DeBonis, Question 13 has no correct answer as published. Everyone gets this one right!

Aw, the poor guy got called out by name and everything. I wonder if he thought it was Zengo since they weren't on the main site.

Hmmm, did our list of oldest restaurants get updated since last Friday - or did I just goof and read the Nora/Prime Rib dates wrong?

I had everything but those 2 and the last question right... oh well - it was a fun distraction from work last Friday :lol: and I learned some DC dining history in the process!