Stacy's Coffee Parlor, Route 7 in Falls Church - Closed

Can't attest to the cupcake quality personally, but this ran recently on Daily Candy:

Baker Robyn Savage delivers her fresh-made confections straight to your home, providing a much-needed service to agoraphobic sweet tooths all over town.

Savage started her one-woman operation, Le Cupcake, with the idea that it’s best to do one thing really, really well. And she does: Her signature confection is a delicious fluff of vanilla cake with a turban of sweet almond-flavored icing decorated with pastel swirls and sprinkles. They arrive in white boxes tied with pink and brown ribbon (packages so cute, you may be tempted to eat them, too).

She’ll even whip up custom flavors, from lemony yellow to Halloween-appropriate orange.

Available by the dozen (703-533-8989) or individually at Stacy’s Coffee Parlor, 709 West Broad Street, Falls Church (703-538-6266).

Baker Robyn Savage delivers her fresh-made confections straight to your home, providing a much-needed service to agoraphobic sweet tooths all over town.

That's a cool idea, but I get crazy enough delivering cakes once or twice a week in this area. I can't imagine having to run cupcakes all over the place on a daily basis.

As I drove by 2 Sisters (coffee shack on Broad Street in Falls Church) yesterday I was thinking what a neat idea it would be to do something similar with cupcakes. Just a drive-by/walk-by place, no indoor seating. Cupcakes and coffee with the morning (and afternoon!) commute. Location would be key, though.

Can't attest to the cupcake quality personally, but this ran recently on Daily Candy:

This morning I was going to grab a cup from Two Sisters, a drive-thru coffee shed in Falls Church, but I stumbled across Stacy's Coffee Parlor instead. It became quickly apparent that I was inside the type of coffee house I want to support: live music, art, poetry, movies, games, free WiFi, and when you ask for cream, they hand you a quart of half-and-half at the register. Stacy Hennessy was named Falls Church Business Person Of The Year in 2004.

There were signs up on the wall talking about Robyn Savage, a local baker, a friend of Stacy's, and the owner of Le Cupcake, a one-person cupcake operation that will deliver to your home. In a January 20th DCist article, Melissa McCart decided these were her favorite cupcakes in the area. And now I can attest to them as well: nothing fancy except for the artful designs on the icing - light, moist, well-conceived and executed, not sickly sweet - try one of these and you'll be saying CakeWhat? Robyn can be contacted directly for large orders, but if you just want a cupcake and a cup of coffee, Stacy's Coffee Salon should be your destination.

It's important to remember that every single time we walk into Starbucks, no matter how convenient or easy it seems, we're contributing to the demise of small businesses such as this.

Cheers,

Rocks.

It's important to remember that every single time we walk into Starbucks, no matter how convenient or easy it seems, we're contributing to the demise of small businesses such as this.

his is probably true, but I live in SW, where there is nothing, and the 2 new Starbucks that recently opened are a welcome addition to the area.

Stacy's Coffee Parlor is great. The customer service is wonderful there. My roommate plays on Wednesday nights for open mike sometimes.

The cupcakes are good and decorated immaculately. I think the frosting is alittle too sweet for my taste, but better than the yucky buttercream frostings. They are great with a glass of milk. I think you have to go a little early for those cupcakes because the last time I went around 7, they were all sold out.

From what I know Le Cupcake doesn't have a website.

A "city hike" last night led me to Stacy's for a quick bite. OMG! The cupcakes described above areas amazing as they look. I hadn't heard of Stacy's or Le Cupcake before last night, but add me to the list of fans.

As we approached we noticed that a jazz band was playing right inside the front entrance. [They were fabulous BTW, and I recruited them on behalf of my husband's booking agency, but I digress.] Anyhow, the staff, who were taking a break outside, could not have been more pleasant and helpful as the motley crew of 10 of us mobbed this small coffee shop/bakery. Inside we found an assortment of wrap sandwiches, ice cream, and baked goods as well as a coffee bar.

I decided to start with a chicken curry wrap. It was tasty - filled with a curried chicken salad with raisins and almonds. But the truth is, I should have skipped it and just had two (or three) of those amazing cupcakes [priced at $2/each]. [i was on a "hike" after all, and surely I needed the extra calories :) ] I couldn't help but declare it the best cupcake of my life. The cake was light and moist, and the frosting was sweet and flavorful (yes, it had flavor...almond, I believe). And of course, it was just gorgeous. Beautiful pastel with a white swirl and sprinkles.

The blackboard calendar showed that they have entertainment at least 3-4 nights/week. What more do you need? Stacy's is definitely worth visiting. Next time I'm in the area I think I'll start with a slice at Zpizza, follwed by a cupcake and a show at Stacy's.

photo.jpg

On Saturday afternoon, cjsadler and I treated ourselves to cupcakes and coffee from Stacy's Coffee Parlor. What a great little place! The coffee's good and the cupcakes, esp. the icing, are excellent. A touch of almond extract does wonders for the icing.

In honor of the delicious Le Cupcakes, I made cupcakes on Monday.

cupcakessmaller0ne.jpg

A good friend of mine had a birthday on Saturday, and because every person needs a cake on (or close to) their birthday...

birthdaycakesmaller1id.jpg

This is a nice place to duck into for coffee and a bagel on a day you're "working from home". Comfy couches, friendly service, and free wifi -- if I lived closer, I'd be a regular here.

The only disappointment is that Le Cupcake is on vacation til January 4, so my annual quest for the ideal cupcake continues...

Cupcakes no more!? A friend stopped by Stacy's this morning and was told that Robyn retired. Anyone know anything? It is a sad day. I guess we'll have to go stand in line at Georgetown to get our cupcake fix. Are there any other VA spots (besides Cakelove) where I can find a good cupcake?

Cupcakes no more!? A friend stopped by Stacy's this morning and was told that Robyn retired. Anyone know anything? It is a sad day. I guess we'll have to go stand in line at Georgetown to get our cupcake fix. Are there any other VA spots (besides Cakelove) where I can find a good cupcake?

How funny! I went last night on my way to Dulles and was told the same sad news. Robyn retired before I got a chance to sample those cupcakes!

Stacy's is still a cute little place, though, and the lemon bars are not bad...

I happened to be in Falls Church this morning, so I stopped by Stacy's Coffee Parlor. I had a very tasty blueberry crumb cake. It is not made in-house, as they get it from a place in New York City, but it was delicious. The coffee is very good as well, and service is extremely friendly. We need more places like this.