Private Dining Room for 100+ People in the Alexandria Vicinity - Post-Wedding Dinner

StarStraf

Yeap it finally happened - after 21 years of being together Pooch and I are engaged!

So just starting to think out options but since we like food we have thought of doing a short ceremony at a restaurant and then have a wonderful meal with our friends and family.

So far I've found

Chart House in Old Town can host 80

Clyde's Marc Center can host 150

Jaleo in Crystal City can host 200

Ruth Chris in Crystal City can host 100

Has anyone done a big group event somewhere in Alexandria / Arlington / National Harbor or close?

Pros/Cons?

Other places?

• Like 4

I had my rehearsal dinner (in 94) at Portner's in Old Town, which is now Colombia Firehouse. We had the entire upstairs and it was a great space. We had a lot of out of town guests, so it was bigger than a typical rehearsal dinner, but we probably only had 50 or so people, maybe a little more. I'm not sure what the capacity of that room is or if they even do those things before, but it might be worth a call.

Blackwall Hitch and Virtue Feed are both really pretty spaces and might be worth a look, would be able to hold a lot of people.  The food at both is neither amazing nor bad, but is good.  We have done group dinners at Columbia firehouse and have had a lot of service/slow kitchen problems.  Group dinner at Jaleo went well.  What about the Mount Vernon Inn?  Their back patio is really lovely too if nice weather.    

• Like 1

Thanks so much - right now just looking at options might decide to do hotel / riverboat and then would be looking at catering instead - or might just elope <g>

All I ask is that if a restaurant shows serious commitment, that you do the same (I'm not saying "pull the trigger," but at least "respect their time").

Personally, I'd elope. I'm licensed to legally perform weddings, and have even *done* one! (No charge for members.) :)

What about the Mount Vernon Inn?  Their back patio is really lovely too if nice weather.

This is a great idea if it's not too far south for you. They've recently renovated the back area (which I haven't seen, but it sounded nice!) and have been modernizing and improving the menu. Coincidently, I had my reception here and the menu choices were completely different from the normal menu, read: much, much better. But again, that was in 1994 so I'm not sure what's happening now.

• Like 1

All I ask is that if a restaurant shows serious commitment, that you do the same (I'm not saying "pull the trigger," but at least "respect their time").

Personally, I'd elope. I'm licensed to legally perform weddings, and have even *done* one! (No charge for members.) :)

Yeah if a restaurnt replys I'll get info and details and be up front with them of what stage we are in planning