Review #3 - Tail Up Goat

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which Restaurant Do You Want Reviewed? (Multiple Choices Allowed)

• Thai by Thai (Thai in Sterling, Fairfax, Annandale, and Dunn Loring)
    • Mamma's Kitchen (Greek in Alexandria)
    • Boundary Road (Modern American on H St. NE)
    • Nonna's Kitchen (Fine-Dining Italian on U St.)
    • Chettinadu (Indian in Rockville)
    • The Atlas Room (Modern American on H St. NE)
    • Makoto (Japanese in Palisades)
    • Cedar Knoll (American in Alexandria)
    • Inferno Pizzeria Napoletana (Pizzeria in Gaithersburg)
    • Graffiato (Italian in Chinatown)
    • Tail Up Goat (Modern American in Adams Morgan)
    • Osteria Marzano (Italian in Franconia)
    • The Dabney (Modern American in Blagden Alley)
    • RT's (American in Alexandria)
    • Hank's Pasta Bar (Italian in Alexandria)
    • La Bergerie (French in Alexandria)
    • Bar Civita (Modern American in Woodley Park)
    • Blacksalt (Seafood in Palisades)
    • Alta Strada (Italian in City Vista)

This poll is closed to new votes

Will you be publishing a full Kinship review?

Otherwise my nomination is Blacksalt

What do you mean by full?

Second for Dabney

There's never any need to second anything - one nomination is all it takes to get in the poll, so if you'd like, you can change yours to something else.

You've mentioned eating there on multiple visits, but unless I'm mistaken (and I might be), I don't recall seeing a formal write-up in your normal review style.

I'd do a normal review, but I don't know if I'll be able to include every single visit - and this one might take awhile to finish. So, assuming it would be a normal review (with appropriate caveats), and that it will take awhile to finish, let me know by noon, and I'll put your nomination in the poll.

• Like 1

Don, if you do Thai by Thai in Sterling, I'd be happy to provide consultation on what to order.   It's just a few minutes from my house and we eat there a lot.   My personal vote is for Makoto; we have not been there since the original owner passed away. 

Let me check this right now.

It's fixed. Darn it - every single time I put a poll up, I'm going to have to remember to check this box that allows multiple entries. The good news is that everyone can edit their votes, so please feel free to re-do your votes, and if you're having any problems due to time having passed, write me and I will take care of things for you, manually if necessary. Thank you for pointing this out - I was wondering why so many things were only getting one vote!

I'll PM every member who voted if I can figure out how to determine who they are. Thanks for reporting this, Laura.

Shoot, I just checked, and it appears that this happened with Review #2 as well - sorry about this folks, but it won't matter in the long run.

Make sure to get your votes in by noon tomorrow (Wednesday).

It's not working for me.

I clicked on Boundary Road first (just based on Luke's description of that dish yesterday), and then clicked on Graffiato (one of my nominations) and the Boundary Road vote jumped down to Graffiato. And it jumped back to Boundary Road when I clicked it again. I could never get two buttons/votes pushed at once.

I also tried clicking on Boundary Road, hitting the "vote" button and coming back and voting again, but when I tried that it only gave me the option to delete my vote, not vote again.

Don, if you do Thai by Thai in Sterling, I'd be happy to provide consultation on what to order.   It's just a few minutes from my house and we eat there a lot.   My personal vote is for Makoto; we have not been there since the original owner passed away. 

I'll take you up on that, Polly - please remember to actually vote though.

It's not working for me.

I clicked on Boundary Road first (just based on Luke's description of that dish yesterday), and then clicked on Graffiato (one of my nominations) and the Boundary Road vote jumped down to Graffiato. And it jumped back to Boundary Road when I clicked it again. I could never get two buttons/votes pushed at once.

I also tried clicking on Boundary Road, hitting the "vote" button and coming back and voting again, but when I tried that it only gave me the option to delete my vote, not vote again.

Try it now.

Members can vote on as many restaurants as they're interested in.

It's fixed. Darn it - every single time I put a poll up, I'm going to have to remember to check this box that allows multiple entries. The good news is that everyone can edit their votes, so please feel free to re-do your votes, and if you're having any problems due to time having passed, write me and I will take care of things for you, manually if necessary. Thank you for pointing this out - I was wondering why so many things were only getting one vote!

Yep! All better. It wasn't working when the buttons were circles, but now that they are squares with check marks, it's working.

Thanks!

Well, that's interesting because I've got neither circles nor squares.  After Don's report that the problem was fixed, I went back to vote for my 2nd choice and discovered I couldn't vote for anything -- no circles or squares.  Thought you'd want to know, Don.

Well, that's interesting because I've got neither circles nor squares.  After Don's report that the problem was fixed, I went back to vote for my 2nd choice and discovered I couldn't vote for anything -- no circles or squares.  Thought you'd want to know, Don.

There's this setting, which implies that you have to delete your first vote to re-vote, but I'm not sure:

Allow vote deletion Yes

If enabled, members can delete their vote so they can re-vote. 

I have the polls set up so that I cannot vote, so I don't see exactly what you see. A screenshot would be useful.

If all problems aren't fixed by, say, 10 AM tomorrow, write me. I have the ability to manually change the vote counts - let me know what you voted on, and what you ultimately *want* to vote on, and I will do a manual override if necessary, but it shouldn't be necessary.

I can also make it so that people can see who voted on what, but I'm assuming people prefer to have their privacy on this issue; if I'm wrong about that, please let me know, but it would have to be pretty much unanimous.

This will need to be resubmitted for the next list. :)

OK.  I'm not really sure how your nominating thing is going, but I'd like to see a review of this place.  I go there occasionally, but I'd like to see a real review.