Solo Dining Recommendations, Preferably at the Bar, Near a Metro

Kanishka

I'll be back in DC for a conference in early October (I moved to W. Africa back in June).  I'll be staying in Foggy Bottom and I'm looking for a couple of recommendations for restaurants where I can comfortably dine solo, preferably at a bar, Kindle in hand.  Is this possible at Kinship? 

My last stint in DC was with two young ones, so I'm completely out of the loop on the wider restaurant scene.  I'd love to say "price no object" but realistically I can only afford a couple splurges.  Metro accessibility definitely a plus.

Thanks!

K

41 minutes ago, dr3rdeye said:

Perhaps it's not "foodie" enough but BLT steak is the best steakhouse downtown and has top-notch popovers. 

Why is it not "foodie" enough?! I love going to the bar there and getting a hanger steak - you get all the fixings without a lot of the cost.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, robyn said:

If you want to treat yourself, you could try for the bar at Pineapple and Pearls. They frequently have seats for one at the bar, and the menu is $150 (but does not include drinks). 

I would agree with this.  Even though the prime seats sell out as soon as they go on sale, there are often single seats available close to the current date.  You do have to register with Giftrocker to check out the openings, FWIW.

The bar here is a place where you can chat with people or not chat with people.  

• Like 1