Scrambled Eggs

DonRocks

4 hours ago, DaveO said:

BTW those eggs are cooked in a mold which is how they all turn out identical.  I don’t have one at home but I wonder if those eggs in a typical store bought egg sandwich add lesser quality ingredients and consequently don’t taste the same as scrambled eggs (however you prepare them).  I think they must

Call me crazy, but ... fried, scrambled ... eggs cooked runny, and not in a pre-formed shape, make all the difference in the world. I first noticed this with McDonald's Egg McMuffins perhaps twenty-years ago, and it turned me against them.

10 hours ago, DonRocks said:

Call me crazy, but ... fried, scrambled ... eggs cooked runny, and not in a pre-formed shape, make all the difference in the world. I first noticed this with McDonald's Egg McMuffins perhaps twenty-years ago, and it turned me against them.

Probably deserves a cooking thread on scrambled eggs.  I’ve made them sans anything, with salt and pepper, just pepper, with water, regular, skim and 2%milk, medium cream, and chives.  I’ve used all quality and price point of eggs.   Then of course I’ve added other elements to the scramble.  

Damned if I have the “perfect” scramble.

I'm interested in the "perfect" scramble;  that combination that comes up with superior scrambled eggs all the time.   What type eggs do you use?  What do you add if anything? (milk, water, secret ingredients?) How much do you whisk it? (falling back on OCD tendencies I count to 100 ;) )   And all the other tricks and experiences from excellent home cooks.

And then what do you add that makes it a tasty scramble with other ingredients??  I'm partial to a cheesy spicy scramble.  

Small nonstick pan.  2 or 3 eggs and about a half tablespoon butter, plus salt & pepper.  low heat.  no whisk.  break up eggs and stir and then constantly fiddle and scrape and stir and worry them with small spatula until they are right to your preferred level of wetness or dryness.  haven't measured the time but should take at least 3 minutes and perhaps more.

• Like 1

Low to medium heat. Attention is the key.

But sriously, whisk the hell out of them in a bowl with a pour spout and then...chill.

Watch the edges, Slowly flip the done bits inwards in a slow motion thinger dinger.

NO ADDITIONS.

Whatever you do....take them out at LEAST 30 seconds before you think they might be done. Soft scrambled eggs will be consumable, but ruined, if you go to far past the 30-second rule.

Salt and pepper at the end. AFTER plating. I have spoken. lol

21 hours ago, Pool Boy said:

Low to medium heat. Attention is the key.

But sriously, whisk the hell out of them in a bowl with a pour spout and then...chill.

Watch the edges, Slowly flip the done bits inwards in a slow motion thinger dinger.

NO ADDITIONS.

Whatever you do....take them out at LEAST 30 seconds before you think they might be done. Soft scrambled eggs will be consumable, but ruined, if you go to far past the 30-second rule.

Salt and pepper at the end. AFTER plating. I have spoken. lol

....and you have.  Two scrambles so far with low heat:  Wonderfully fluffy.   😃

lot of whisking- no pour spout-not worried about the edges- very very intrigued by thinger dinger.  Can I buy one or more on Amazon??  One with additions- one without.

(so I’m not that good with taking directions. 🤗)

Low heat- thank you one and all!!!!!