Visiting Dupont Circle

PhillyGrub

Greetings folks, I will be visiting the Dupont Circle area in February. Looking for breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas. Since I'll only be there for 2 days, I'll only have time to hit up 4-5 spots realistically. I will be with my hubby who is NOT too adventurous. In other words, he's not really a fan of exotic cuisines. He's a meat and potatoes type of guy. He likes standard American fare, Italian, and stuff like that. I'm definitely hitting up Archipelago for tiki drinks (pre-dinner) one night. :)

Thank you in advance!

Hank's Oyster Bar as well is on 17th Street.  Alternately, walk up a few blocks to Annie's Steak House.  Food isn't high end, but it's been a neighborhood stalwart for a long time and even earned a spot in the James Beard Hall of Fame if I'm not mistaken.

If you take him to Fox and Hounds for drinks, you can pretty much take him anywhere after that and just tell him he had steak. In that case, I'd hit up Little Serow.

• Haha 1

I don't like any of these suggestions - you don't need to be in DC to experience things like them.

Go to Corduroy for dinner one night - that's a given.

How much can you spend, and can you travel? If you're on a budget, sit upstairs at the bar at Corduroy and have the $30 3-course meal (one of which is steak).

If you don't mind veering into the three-digits, get the chicken for 2 at Kinship - have dinner at the bar if you don't want to feel any (self-imposed) pressure to order big.

If you're on a serious budget, try Medium Rare, although I believe there's one of them in Philadelphia. Also, get carryout at Greek Deli (it's carryout only).

You may also wish to try Unconventional Diner for breakfast - all three are in the same area (Mount Vernon Square).

• Thanks 1

IronGate has always been a delight for me.  Service, food, atmosphere and drinks are great.

I would hit the Tabard Inn for a drink before dinner (HH is from 4-6 PM) and they have live Jazz Sunday-Tuesdays.  Their bar area is like a Living Room with comfortable couches and fireplace. 

Their breakfast menu looks great, however I have not been able to partake.