Dream Dining Destinations

Walrus

I want to go back the little place in Barcelona, behind the Boqueria, where Scott and I had squid no bigger than my thumbnail, and the most delicious salt cod, many glasses of tinto, and a fascinating conversation about Catalan with a group of American and Spanish linguists at the next table. It was one of the more memorable meals of my life and we can't remember the name of the restaurant.

Actually, getting back to the Boqueria would be nice too.

Restaurants? The French Laundry would be right up there. Someday I would like the time, the finances and the babysitter to fall into alignment so that we could have dinner at Citronelle. Michel Bras in Laguiole. Arzak.

I would love to try both Per Se and the French Laundry one of these years.

My wife and I had to cancel plans to CA last fall, but we would have dined at Lucques in LA, Coi (well it was a runner up, I think we were going to end up at A16) in SF, and Terra in Yountville, CA. Along the way, many tacquerias up the coast.

Locally, I am dying to try CityZen.

Masa. Foie gras shabu-shabu, SVP. I'd return to the Time Warner Center the next night to visit Per Se.

I'd also go to Momofuku Ssam Bar and Pegu Club while I'm planning this fantasy NYC weekend.

Around town, I sure would like to get out, period. Almost anywhere would do. I miss eating chicken and fries and cookies at the Palena bar. Going someplace new and sexy like Central would be fun, too.

I'll be in London this spring. What are my culinary fantasies there? You tell me.

I'll be there next month and he two must-dos on my list are St. John, and the Borough market.

Both of you have really got to give some thought to Gordan Ramsey in London. I know, I know, some people are turned off from seeing him be a raving asshole on tv, but I can honestly say he is a tough but fair in person and on top of that, he's a master technician and widely regarded as one of the finest chefs in the world. Besides, how ofter do you get the chance to eat something like that???

http://www.gordonramsay.com/royalhospitalroad/

I'll be there next month and he two must-dos on my list are St. John, and the Borough market.

Which Saint John's Heather. Smithfield or Spitifield? I went back in July to the bigger one, I will have to look on a map to see which one it was. By London standards it is good, but by ours "not so much". (Borat) (BTW, you can make reservations on OpenTable London)

My dream restaurant is French Laundry.

I also would love to go back to the Boqueria. That place is fun!

Citronelle--my wife has had several meals there. Me, never. :lol:

Maestro

Manresa (CA)--a food-loving friend lives in Los Gatos and reports that it's incredible.

French Laundry (CA)

Bukhara (New Delhi)--reported to be the best Indian (my favorite cuisine) restaurant in the world.

Per Se (NY)

Which Saint John's Heather. Smithfield or Spitifield?
Smithfield. I'm just a big fan of nose to tail cooking. Gordon Ramsey RHR is on my "someday" list, but I'll save that for a trip with my husband. :lol:

Since the thread was changed to destinations, I'll add the Tsujiki fish market in Toyko, and boating down the Chao Phraya river in Thailand, checking out the food at every dock.

Happening in May: introducing Emma to pain au chocolat in Paris, and picnicking in the Luxembourg Gardens. One dream down, several hundred more to go. :unsure:

Bukhara (New Delhi)--reported to be the best Indian (my favorite cuisine) restaurant in the world.
Being in New Delhi, visiting the ITC Maurya Sheraton in which Bukhara is found, walking through the restaurant, but not eating there as a result of circumstances that were largely outside my control but probably could have been overcome: Major, major regret in my life.

As long as I am posting: Frankly, I don't know enough about restaurants in other cities to drool over them, except for the really famous ones. (Like, I wouldn't say no to French Laundry or Per Se.) So my list is local: Citronelle; CityZen; Maestro; Minibar (a forthcoming birthday present to me -- yay!).

I'll be in London this spring. What are my culinary fantasies there? You tell me.
I highly recommend The Capital restaurant located in Knightsbridge. It's in the Capital Hotel on Basil Street (nice place to stay by the way) about a block from Harrods. Eric Chavot is the 2-star Michelin chef in the kitchen. Be sure to check out the original Dali's in the dining room.

Do try Gordon Ramsay on Royal Hospital Road as previously recommended. You (hopefully) won't be disappointed.

-Camille

We were in Borough Market the week before Christmas and it was amazing. Cold but festive with lots of mulled wine and the locals picking out Christmas trees. A food lovers dream.....must have been at least 10 individual cheese makers there with their cheese (Quenby Stilton and Gorwydd Caerphilly were my two favorites), in addition to several other cheesemakers, delicious breads and pastries, loads of prepared foods, oysters.....and Neals Yard Dairy just around the corner.....I was in heaven!!

My wife, who is an Australian citizen, informed me of the quiet, yet steady food revolution that has been going on in Sydney for the past 10 years. Now it ranks as on of the actual cities that I must go to to eat in along with Tokyo and Rome. In all of these cities I don't have any partiular restaurants that I want to eat in, I just want to spend a week asorbing the culture.