Fri., April 6 - Happy Hour at Bourbon-Adams Morgan

cjsadler

txaggie and I are hosting a happy hour at Bourbon next Friday, April 6th from 6-9pm.

$20 at the door (all going to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society)

-Our own Jake Parrott of the Wild Grape will pouring some of his wines

-$3 beer specials

-A select bourbon special

-Hors d'oeuvres

(A portion of the beer and bourbon sales will also go to the L&L Society)

Should be a good time for a good cause! Many thanks to Bill Thomas of Bourbon and Jake.

We will be there- thanks for having wines as well as it's passover and we can't drink bourbon or beer.
Darnit! I had a wine the other day (not one we're picking up) that had gone through a faulty isinglass fining and smelled like gefilte fish!

Darnit! I had a wine the other day (not one we're picking up) that had gone through a faulty isinglass fining and smelled like gefilte fish!
:o If you had a Kosher for Passover wine that we could drink that was drinkable we'd be in heaven, though we aren't super strict in our followings, we don't do anything made of straight grain. Wine would technically be off the list since live yeast is used.

I just need to get some numbers for planning purposes, so please post here in the thread if you're planning on coming (Unfortunately, my PM box is too full right now to handle it that way!)

I'll see you on the 6th, Chris and txaggie. I am happy to support this cause!

A huge thanks to everyone for coming and donating last night! We raised $1200 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

I wasn't sure what the turnout would be like, but the room was packed. And thanks again to Jake Parrot and Bill Thomas (of Bourbon) for their contributions.

Just a little backstory that I should have mentioned before, as several people asked last night about how Binni (txaggie) and I got involved with the L&L Society. My mother died of lymphoma when I was 13, so that's my personal connection. For the past two years Binni and I have fundraised through a program they have. As part of that, the L&L Society gives you a pretty good education in what they do. We've gotten to know several survivors who did so through drugs that the L&L Society's research funded. This is all just to say that we want you to know that your money is going to a great organization that does a lot of good things.

A huge thanks to everyone for coming and donating last night! We raised $1200 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

I wasn't sure what the turnout would be like, but the room was packed. And thanks again to Jake Parrot and Bill Thomas (of Bourbon) for their contributions.

Just a little backstory that I should have mentioned before, as several people asked last night about how Binni (txaggie) and I got involved with the L&L Society. My mother died of lymphoma when I was 13, so that's my personal connection. For the past two years Binni and I have fundraised through a program they have. As part of that, the L&L Society gives you a pretty good education in what they do. We've gotten to know several survivors who did so through drugs that the L&L Society's research funded. This is all just to say that we want you to know that your money is going to a great organization that does a lot of good things.

Chris, do you have a PayPal setup to take donations for L&L? I realize I can give in my own name but since you are raising the awareness, I'd rather you do it.

I am sorry I wasn't able to attend last night, I hear it was a great time by all. I hope everyone who said they were going to show up did, otherwise maybe they can also donate through you.

Chris, do you have a PayPal setup to take donations for L&L? I realize I can give in my own name but since you are raising the awareness, I'd rather you do it.

I am sorry I wasn't able to attend last night, I hear it was a great time by all. I hope everyone who said they were going to show up did, otherwise maybe they can also donate through you.

Yep, if you scroll up to post #19 in this thread, Binni posted the donation sites that we've set up. The money goes directly to the L&L Society.