Okay so after reading Mojito Madness, I hope you wont mind my asking where folks get the best pad thai. I love it! So far I really like the one at Natta Thai (I guess their official address is Vienna) is my favorite one here. I have tried it at other places and have not been very impressed...

So please do share (and if they deliver even better :P:wub: )

Edited by Monica Bhide

I am always disappointed in the Pad Thai I get in restaurants.  But I've always thought that Tara Thai does a pretty good job with their noodle dishes in general.

Exactly...it's all basically the same. It's not bad nessesarily, just there doesn't seem to be much variation from one to the next, other than who is overcooking their chicken/shrimp and noodles.

Neramitra in Crystal City does not overcook their chicken and noodles!

I've found both Busara and Tara Thai to have very sugary tasting Pad Thai. I don't remember trying the versions at Bangkok 54 or Thai Square, but I suspect these may be the types of places that would please Monica. Two people whose palates I trust have given me mixed reviews of the Pad Thai at Crystal Thai on Route 50 in Falls Church: one said it was too sweet; the other, a Thai national, said she likes it very much.

Cheers,

Rocks.

The following posts have been split into separate threads:

Thai Tanic (Rieux)

Exactly...it's all basically the same.  It's not bad nessesarily, just there doesn't seem to be much variation from one to the next, other than who is overcooking their chicken/shrimp and noodles. 

Neramitra in Crystal City does not overcook their chicken and noodles!

Riiiiight. The noodles always seem to be overcooked and a glutinous mess.

I'll take a little too sweet with distinct noodle strands over a properly seasoned big ball of rice noodles every day.

Riiiiight.  The noodles always seem to be overcooked and a glutinous mess. 

I'll take a little too sweet with distinct noodle strands over a properly seasoned big ball of rice noodles every day.

Then you definitely don't want the drunken noodles at Thai Noy in Arlington.

Speaking of noodles, does anyone remember Neon Noodle from Daffy Duck?

And speaking of neon, has anyone seen the Halal Kabob house over by TemptAsian Cafe in Annandale? They have a red neon sign in their window that says BUFEET.

Cheers,

Darkwing Don

In the Tysons area, I like Thai Pilin on Rt 7. Busara is good, but all of their food tends to be (IMO) a little less traditional in flavor. Neisha is in the Tysons Corner mall, but I don't recall if I liked their pad thai.

I've had some truly bad pad thai but for the most part its relatively the same at every thai restaurant I've been to.

Okay so after reading Mojito Madness, I hope you wont mind my asking where folks get the best pad thai. I love it! So far I really like the one at Natta Thai (I guess their official address is Vienna) is my favorite one here. I have tried it at other places and have not been very impressed...

So please do share (and if they deliver even better  :lol:   :P )

Try T.H.A.I in Shirlington. Their Pad Thai is usually consistantly good as is my other favorite Kow Ka Pow Gai Sub. Ask for Nat, Pam or Tim on a Fri or Sat night.

Lotus of Siam, hands-down. Of course, you'll have to fly to Vegas to get it. And you probably don't want to order Pad Thai there, anyway - there's so much other great stuff on the menu that you rarely find at Thai restaurants. Great Riesling-centric wine list, too.

Just had veggie pad thai at busara and while it was chock full of well-cooked veggies, it really is a bit too sugary. I think my favorite is still Nooshi on 19th... not too sweet, not too oily... (I miss their sister place, Oodles Noodles in Bethesda.... god, that pad thai rocked)