Yorktown Bistro, North Arlington - Closed

There is something to be said for not posting a web link too early. That space has such a tainted history, it will be interesting to see what happens. Parking is a huge issue as well. But, we are always looking for dining out options in our area of North Arlington, so my family will continue to hope for the best.

I swear this shopping center is cursed, so I wish them the best. I called the number and they said that they would be opening some time next week and serving a variety of different Mediterranean items along with pizza. As lizzie mentioned, parking is always an issue here, but if this place is even halfway decent, I could see them doing all right as there are no real decent dining options in the immediate area outside of Restaurant Vero.

I don't mean to pass judgement here, but take a look at the Yorktown Bistro website (www.yorktownbistro.com). I understand it is still under construction, but that first paragraph is mighty confusing. Being a resisdent of the area, I wish them the best of luck in that spot....

Some classic quotes

"We offer modern american cuisine in a nieghberhood setting that is both delicous, reasonably priced and innovative"

"..try something different....Perhaps our Potato Crushed Salmon dinner sauteed with lobster basil sauce or our cheeseless Mediterranean pizza, prepared with mushrooms, onions, green peppers, fresh tomatoes and black olives seasoned with a olive oil vinegreate sauce and perfectly cooked to leave you wondering why pizza ever had cheese in the first place."

I saw the waitstaff literally attempting to hail cars into the parking lot to go into the restaurant the other night on the side of Lee Highway. It has looked empty every time I have passed by it as of late, but maybe they will get more visitors when they get a real sign out front to alert potential patrons.

Here's a little more information on this mysterious neighborhood joint. Angeles-Beron had hoped to build a semi-adventurous menu, combining Latin and American influences, but the owners (one of whom owned L'Appetito on MacArthur Blvd for years) just couldn't afford to hold onto the chef full-time. So instead Angeles-Beron designed Yorktown's opening menu, including homemade stone-baked pizzas. Looks like Angeles-Beron won't be there to execute the menu, though.

Oddly enough, I drove past this place the other night (Wednesday, two days ago) and wondered if such a tiny little spot would merit consideration here.

It is located in such an odd mixed-use little strip of shops, I wonder how much business that they will attract.

Bottom line, if the place served good solid food and had decent service it really doesn't matter what type of strip mall its located within.

Bottom line, if the place served good solid food and had decent service it really doesn't matter what type of strip mall its located within.

Agreed -- one of the joys of living in Northern Virginia is finding good eateries in all kinds of beaten-down strip malls.

This one, for example, has two worthy spots: Caribbean Grill and House of Biryani.

being a Yorktown High School grad myself, that strip mall section used to housea great little arcade and swim shop next door. Unfortunately that was over 20 years ago and much of that strip has stayed the same. Its a shame that many of these strip sections, like the one that houses Restaurant Vero, have never found enough life within to have extensive renovations.

Its a shame that many of these strip sections, like the one that houses Restaurant Vero, have never found enough life within to have extensive renovations.

I walked by tonight at about 8:30 and looked through the window and saw absolutely no one inside. The same can be said for most of the rest of the shops on this strip. Let us all take one for the team and support more local restaurants during these trying times.

I walked by tonight at about 8:30 and looked through the window and saw absolutely no one inside. The same can be said for most of the rest of the shops on this strip. Let us all take one for the team and support more local restaurants during these trying times.

I agree that local restaurants should be supported now more than ever, but they need to deliver the goods on their end as well. Yorktown Bistro did NOT deliver said goods in either of my experiences there. Everything was sloppy, overpriced, and uninspired.

I agree that local restaurants should be supported now more than ever, but they need to deliver the goods on their end as well. Yorktown Bistro did NOT deliver said goods in either of my experiences there. Everything was sloppy, overpriced, and uninspired.

No arguments. I just found it shocking that a restaurant, any restaurant, could be completely devoid of customers at that hour.

I don't mean to pass judgement here, but take a look at the Yorktown Bistro website (www.yorktownbistro.com). I understand it is still under construction, but that first paragraph is mighty confusing. Being a resisdent of the area, I wish them the best of luck in that spot....

Sometimes I feel like restaurants' mothers, calling them and reminding them that their websites are expired (I do it fairly often, and they often don't realize it). Yorktown Bistro doesn't have an answering machine - could someone remember to call them tomorrow? (703) 532-6060.

Ditto Dominion Restaurant (703) 533-5880.

Also Lebanese Butcher.

Calgon, take me away.

Try Saran in same mall before it closes. 100% vegetarian, very nice. But then I tend to prefer simple foods.

Ack--Saran will be closing?

Then I need to get back in there soon to snag some baingan bartha. On a good day (which admittedly, is not every day), it's smoky, savory satisfaction.