District Grill, 12th & K Streets NW

I rode past the Sheraton tonight and was surprised to see a full window pronouncement of District Grill. Truth be told: I had expected the building to have been razed by now. Does anyone know what's going on with that hotel/restaurant space?

The District Grill has been open since about two days after Corduroy closed. It is my belief that it is run by the Buffalo Billards people, but with no pool tables. They have periodically had signs up that say that they are showing the games. So, I guess it is kind of like a sports bar. Or, a typical four points restaurant. I haven't been.

The hotel needs a restaurant for it's customers while it's still in operation. This is being managed by the same group who runs Continental Modern Pool Lounge in Rosslyn - it's on my to-do list, right behind Beacon Bar & Grill and Filibusters.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Good eye! I thought you were making a funny, but I checked your link and it's for real ;)

Southern Style Crap Cakes

Pecan crusted jumbo lump crab cake with polenta points, baby vegetables and a

honey mustard glaze

Wait . . . it's both "crusted" and "glazed"??? Then it is a crap cake. It sure as hell doesn't sound anything like any crab cake that I have had.

fried calamari with cocktail sauce $8.95

pretzel crusted chicken tenders $8.95

with honey mustard

Pretzel crusted chicken? Pretzel. Is that Panko For Poor People? PFPP?

Calamari with cocktail sauce? It's like katchup as tomato sauce.

Make me vomit! Oh, wait. I don't need help.

You know who I feel bad for? That random person who once a year had to shlep to DC and was forced to stay at the 4 Points for some random, awful conference. The highlight of their trip was knowing that tucked away in their hotel was Corduroy, a shinning light in their dull, dreary stay.

This year they'll show up and wonder where Corduroy went. And they have to eat pretzel chicken bites.

I think we need a "This Place Sucks Ventworm Nut" thread because the sysco fries and processed cheese served here for lunch would qualify. Having no say in the matter, plus the fact that we were near Brasserie Beck, I am clueless as to why my office work lunch took place here instead.

The brioche bread used in their overpriced $8.95 Grilled Cheese was not so bad, but this place would be a definite contender for the TPSVN thread based on the above and everything else my officemates ate too (Bruschetta Salad?!).