A HUGE Job, Masterfully Done

Rovers2000

Thirded!

Thanks, all. I could not have even begun the job without mktye's help -- her old files for the template were the basis for this, and she was so generous about sharing all the work she had done previously. Yet another example of the community effort, really. :(

A few years ago, mktye took on a project even larger in scope than The Dining Guide. She took every thread in the Shopping and Cooking forum, and created an easy-to-use index, an index that would enable users to quickly find the topic they're looking for.

Essentially, we had a library full of books, and mktye went through each one and created a card catalog.

This is grunt work defined, a boring organizational assignment that is as unrewarding as any task can possibly be. And for the past couple of years, it sat abandoned, falling out of date more with each passing day.

Then leleboo, a next-generation warrior, volunteered to take over the project, and did so with equal tenacity, displaying the same remarkable logic and organizational skills that mktye had shown for so long.

It's time for leleboo to take a bow for completing the most important reference tool we have on this website, the all new, completely up-to-date Shopping and Cooking Forum Index. When you factor in all the thinking and planning that went into this update, I'm pretty sure you're looking at the product of 100 hours of effort.

Take a look at it - it's incredible. And please be sure to thank leleboo and mktye when you see them (and yes, by all means, by them a drink, or two!)

Thank you both - this simply would never have been done without your hard work. An amazing effort that people will use, time and time again.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Holy cow.

Which I now know where to buy...

AMAZING work, Leleboo!

(super streamlined)

(easy to read and easy to use)

(my visa card holder owes you a direct "thank you")

Yep, she did it again with the updated version of the Stores and Resources Guide.

Everybody chime in and say, "Thank you, leleboo!"

Or at least buy her a drink.

And once again, thank you to mktye, because it never would have existed in the first place without her.

THANK YOU BOTH!

On behalf of the mods, who are prime beneficiaries of leleboo's latest Herculean (or perhaps Perseid) indexing efforts:

(Confused? Enjoy watching this bit of context, or skip to 6:03.)

Psstt ...

don't tell her ...

you know that "Beer" thread she just split up?

you know those threads in Intrepid Traveler she just indexed?

Every single one needs to be split up into its own forum ... we're going national, and we're going to have her start with New York City. We're going to have her use the Restaurants and Dining forum as a guide. We're also going to saw her in half, and hope she regenerates into two leleboos ... then four, then eight ...

<gunshot in distance>

Psstt ...

don't tell her ...

you know that "Beer" thread she just split up?

you know those threads in Intrepid Traveler she just indexed?

Every single one needs to be split up into its own forum ... we're going national, and we're going to have her start with New York City. We're going to have her use the Restaurants and Dining forum as a guide. We're also going to saw her in half, and hope she regenerates into two leleboos ... then four, then eight ...

<gunshot in distance>

Just try to replicate me. Tell me about your mother.

{free drink to the first person who gets the reference.}