Important Announcement

DonRocks

I'm not entirely sure what's the point of a reserve price. Why don't they just set the minimum bid at the reserve price? What if you make a bid that's below the reserve price, can they subsequentlly lower the reserve price and say you must pay up?

The description says the minimum bid is 6K, so I guess at 5,999 the reserve technically isn't met. I agree, though, why have a reserve? Why not make the bidding start at 6K? Can it really be that some people will think 5,999 is better than 6000? Are customers that oblivious?

Uh, not that this isn't a great thing, but the "important announcement" was just a front-page link to a site that many of us knew about two weeks ago?

If one person who didn't know about this clicks and donates money doesn't that make it important? Just because some knew about the auction that started two weeks ago does not mean it's still not important.

If one person who didn't know about this clicks and donates money doesn't that make it important? Just because some knew about the auction that started two weeks ago does not mean it's still not important.

True, but every time there's a charity benefit involving restaurants, Don doesn't change the front page.

Again, not downplaying the importance of the cause, or even the placement of the link, it just seemed a bit odd to make a major pronouncement that there was going to be a link on the top page.

True, but every time there's a charity benefit involving restaurants, Don doesn't change the front page.

Again, not downplaying the importance of the cause, or even the placement of the link, it just seemed a bit odd to make a major pronouncement that there was going to be a link on the top page.

I did not know about the event (believe it or not), and was asked for help just yesterday by someone I consider to be a friend. I thought the catastrophic nature of this situation, coupled with the fact that numerous major restaurants are banding together to help, merited me acting decisively. Maybe I overplayed it, I don't know, but if I did, I only overplayed it for 15 minutes. Regardless, I'm happy to leave that new forum up for a few days, and I apologize if anyone thought I was actually going to announce that I had sex with Paris Hilton. :)