Holy Cow, "Del Ray's Gourmet Burger Joint" on Mount Vernon Avenue - from the Owners of Mango Mike's

The pricing on their "build-a-burger fixin's" menu would benefit from some simplification. Raw onions are free, grilled onions $0.95? Yellow mustard free, dijon mustard $0.25? Seriously?

The marshmallow dipping sauce for fries sounds good, though. And although they're approaching "holy cow" from the religious-ironic perspective, I can only hope there will be a picture of Harry Caray hanging somewhere in this placee.

Realize no one has reviewed this and since I said 'would rather eat at Holy Cow' on my Burger 7 review though I would check here.

We LOVE this place,

When you walk in there are order forms and clip boards - you can either do a special burger or pick your own

You pick cheese, bread, toppings, sauces and all sorts of combo

As you order your burger you pick your charity to get your 25cents per burger  (Would be good to have another list besides listing at register)

Very good fries.

One of the things that I often complain about for burgers is low quality buns, the bun should match the quality of the burger and it does here, holds up to the burger.

Grandma evaluation (I often take my 96 year old grandma out to eat): Clean accessable bathrooms, comfortable seating, well lit, noise level can get high if busy.

Kid friendly

location  2312 Mt Vernon Avenue

After a marvelous evening at the Shirlington Dog Park Sunday evening, wherein the park was pretty docile and me and my bestie's dogs had one of the water sections pretty much to themselves and had a great time and were thoroughly dirty we decided we needed margaritas (yes, yes I know Holy Cow doesn't have margaritas I am getting there).  The dog rules at Shirlington are not really suitable for our pups so we headed into Del Ray with the intention of going to Taqueria Poblano.  The patio was at capacity so we wandered down to Holy Cow.  We scored a nice spay on the patio.  I got a basic burger and fries, diet coke and Port City Optimal Whit.  My friend got a Southern burger.  I actually thought the burger was very good and had a nice quality of beef.  I had it with lettuce, pickle and maybe tomato and some ketchup- very good.  It reminds me of what I wish an Elevation Burger would taste like, but doesn't.  Bestie's burger looked good.  The fries were fresh cut, although they are the type that end up being mostly small little bites with a few long fries.  They tasted good and I know they are fresh, but being descendant from Maryland I am more into a long board walk style fry or etc.  The small stubs don't impress me much even if they taste good, which these did.  The cold beer on the patio people watching on a nice evening was sublime.  We had really nice service and overall it was a good experience and I would go back.  When not looking for a greasy burger, but wanting a good burger this could definitely go on my list I liked the taste of the meat a lot.

After a marvelous evening at the Shirlington Dog Park Sunday evening, wherein the park was pretty docile and me and my bestie's dogs had one of the water sections pretty much to themselves and had a great time and were thoroughly dirty we decided we needed margaritas (yes, yes I know Holy Cow doesn't have margaritas I am getting there).  The dog rules at Shirlington are not really suitable for our pups so we headed into Del Ray with the intention of going to Taqueria Poblano.  The patio was at capacity so we wandered down to Holy Cow.  We scored a nice spay on the patio.  I got a basic burger and fries, diet coke and Port City Optimal Whit.  My friend got a Southern burger.  I actually thought the burger was very good and had a nice quality of beef.  I had it with lettuce, pickle and maybe tomato and some ketchup- very good.  It reminds me of what I wish an Elevation Burger would taste like, but doesn't.  Bestie's burger looked good.  The fries were fresh cut, although they are the type that end up being mostly small little bites with a few long fries.  They tasted good and I know they are fresh, but being descendant from Maryland I am more into a long board walk style fry or etc.  The small stubs don't impress me much even if they taste good, which these did.  The cold beer on the patio people watching on a nice evening was sublime.  We had really nice service and overall it was a good experience and I would go back.  When not looking for a greasy burger, but wanting a good burger this could definitely go on my list I liked the taste of the meat a lot.

Wait, what?? They have vet services while you eat? :lol: "I'll be right back with your dog and your check!"

Wait, what?? They have vet services while you eat? :lol: "I'll be right back with your dog and your check!"

I wish, would have saved me like $300.  That would be the deal of a lifetime!!!! I meant stay.  I also wanted to mention if anyone goes there and wants a shortcut charity 107 is the Campagna Center the non-profit that I am on the board of, and they provide a host of educational services to children and families in Alexandria and can definitely use any donation large or small.

:blink:

(You meant "stay" and not "space?" Regardless, this is the typo of the year.)

I have these a lot.  I tend to type fast and between billable time so I don't review a lot of my typing.  Either other word would have worked to be honest, but it's a pretty awkwardly appropriate typo given the subject matter.