TMB - Upper Northwest

legant

I’d like to propose a Neighborhood Gathering for those north of Cleveland Park (only!) at Uptown Cathay on December 11 or 13* .

Although Uptown Cathay is across the street from Comet, it’s no rival. However, Uptown Cathay does have really cheap drinks.

So, if you live in the neighborhood and want to gather with your neighbors, PM me or post here if you’re interested and which date works best for you.

* My bad. Forgot about the DR-Bebo event. Like to propose the following alternative dates: December 18 or December 20.

Following are the people who plan on attending:

hillvalley

synaesthesia

* My bad. Forgot about the DR-Bebo event. Like to propose the following alternative dates: December 18 or December 20.

Following are the people who plan on attending:

hillvalley

synaesthesia

I can't make it those dates (will be in London on the 18th and Dublin on the 20th - yay!! :P ) but am a Ch Ch neighborhoodie and would be up for future events....

Upper Northwest Gathering

Wednesday 12/27, 7p, Uptown Cathay

(5018 Connecticut Ave NW, Btwn Fessenden St NW & Everett St NW)

Anyone in Upper Northwest (including, but not limited to: Van Ness, Cleveland Park, Tenley Town, Chevy Chase) who wants to join is always welcome!

So far:

legant

hillvalley

JLK

synaesthesia

NCPinDC

DCinDC

Upper Northwest Gathering

Wednesday 12/27, 7p, Uptown Cathay

(5018 Connecticut Ave NW, Btwn Fessenden St NW & Everett St NW)

Anyone in Upper Northwest (including, but not limited to: Van Ness, Cleveland Park, Tenley Town, Chevy Chase, Woodley Park) who wants to join is always welcome!

So far:

legant

hillvalley

JLK

synaesthesia

NCPinDC

DCinDC

eating out

(Updated 17 December)

2 people left. Laaaaaame.

I guess this calls for a reschedule. Or I could just make a nice big, lavish meal and y'all can be very envious.

Laaaaaame doesn't even begin to describe it! First y'all complain because we're too exclusive. Then, when we invite the whole of Upper Northwest, you don't want to play in our sandbox! :P That's okay. I'm going to the LAME DUCKs event @ San Marco instead.

synaesthesia: wanna crash their party? Or, does your lavish meal include duck? :D

TMB - Upper Northwest will be rescheduled at a later date and time.

Okay folks... shall we try this again? It seems that every TMB group has meet except Upper Northwest.

Given the limitations (no Tuesdays or Thursdays) I propose Monday, January 22nd, at Shanghi Garden. (Received too much grief about Uptown Cathay; it seems we missed Coat of Arms.)

Okay folks... shall we try this again? It seems that every TMB group has meet except Upper Northwest.

Given the limitations (no Tuesdays or Thursdays) I propose Monday, January 22nd, at Shanghi Garden. (Received too much grief about Uptown Cathay; it seems we missed Coat of Arms.)

I thought we were considering Popeye's in Tenley! Jan. 22nd is a no go for me.

I had a good chuckle when WTOP ran a continual piece one day about the ban. They kept repeating the opponents' gloom and doom mantra that smokers would take their money to Virginia restaurants rather than submit to the ban in DC. Right.

If this board has shown anything, it has shown that even hard-core ...ahem - what's that word? ..."people passionate about food"...have major issues with crossing into the great unknown that is NoVa, no matter what the lure. Call me nuts, but no way the average DC JoeSixpack is going to drive "all the way" to Virginia just to have a smoke with his burger and beer.

MMmmmmmm, now this sounds like a plan. I've got fermented stuff I can add to the cause :lol:

Mondays are out for me too, since that's the day I always work late.

I'd like to propose Cafe Ole on Wisconsin Ave. in the spring time. The restaurant is pretty small, but they have a huge patio. Food (Mediterranean) is pretty good, and definitely the best thing between there and Tenley metro (its a little less than a mile south of Metro, kind of close to the Popeye's).

Stick a fork in me; I'm done. Two in, two out -- I'm giving up on trying to schedule this thing. :lol:

I'm passing the torch. Synaesthesia, since you offered: Popeye's family pack and BYO drinks at your place? I'll bring dessert. Name the date and time.

Stick a fork in me; I'm done. Two in, two out -- I'm giving up on trying to schedule this thing. :unsure:
The LAME DUCKS will be happy to encompass the Upper Northwest people. :lol: Very soon we will be having the opening of that Specialty Hot Dog place, plus the opening of "Napoleon" in the old Mantis space (which used to be the old Pasta In place, preceded by the old India 2000 place, preceded by Miss Saigon, preceded by I Don't Remember, preceded by La Plaza [the first, and much better, precursor to Lauriol Plaza], all of which was preceded by a trophy shop B) fo'shizzle).

Ahh.. you're trying to co-opt us! Ahhhh.... <j/k> Ok... I am going to say Wednesday, Jan. 24, 6:30PM, but flexiblity to come whenever.

I welcome any LAME DUCKs to my house. Please PM me for the address since I'm not exactly keen on posting it publicly.

We'll get Popeye's, y'all can bring drinks. Perhaps appropriate drinks would be 40's or champagne (that's an interesting story). I'm also going to insist on watching Beauty and the Geek, since one of my friends is on the show. =p

*bump*

Wednesday, Jan. 24, 6:30PM, but flexiblity to come whenever.

I welcome any LAME DUCKs to my house. Please PM me for the address since I'm not exactly keen on posting it publicly.

We'll get Popeye's, y'all can bring drinks. Perhaps appropriate drinks would be 40's or champagne (that's an interesting story). I'm also going to insist on watching Beauty and the Geek, since one of my friends is on the show. =p

*bump*

Wednesday, Jan. 24, 6:30PM, but flexiblity to come whenever.

Bah! Only one person has responded so far. I'm on the verge of defecting to the LAME DUCKs.

at the risk of getting punched by someone how about Tuesday? :lol: I know some folks can't make it and maybe I should move this to the whim thread but I'm definitely free on Tuesday, just not sure what I'll do yet.....any takers?

Noooo! Not Cleveland Park! CP eateries don't need our support; those few NORTH of CP (e.g., Uptownn Cathay :lol: , Las Lomita, the Greek tavern place) do. However, Pidgey, if you want to organize something by all means, do so. (BTW: according to the sign Coat of Arms is "suppose' to open under new management, not as an Indian restaurant.)

Anyone interested in trying again? Maybe some place in Cleveland Park?

I'm not as familiar with that area, although I am more familiar with the area north of Tenley town on Wisconsin Ave. There's a pretty good Thai restaurant up near there, 4912 (not excellent, but cheap). Any interest?

Or, hey, there's always the Dancing Crab.

Count me in.

Synaesthesia: Popeye's is having a special on the wing, leg and thigh dinner. Whatcha doing Saturday? :lol:

I'm not as familiar with that area, although I am more familiar with the area north of Tenley town on Wisconsin Ave. There's a pretty good Thai restaurant up near there, 4912 (not excellent, but cheap). Any interest?

Or, hey, there's always the Dancing Crab.

One more time...

What: an opportunity to meet other DR.com folks in your neighborhood.

Who: Anyone in Upper Northwest (including, but not limited to: Van Ness, Cleveland Park, Tenley Town, Chevy Chase, Woodly Park)

Where: Italian Pizza Kitchen, 4483 Connecticut Avenue, NW

When: Proposed dates: Tuesday, June 19, or Wednesday, June 27

Any takers?

One more time...

What: an opportunity to meet other DR.com folks in your neighborhood.

Who: Anyone in Upper Northwest (including, but not limited to: Van Ness, Cleveland Park, Tenley Town, Chevy Chase, Woodly Park)

Where: Italian Pizza Kitchen, 4483 Connecticut Avenue, NW

When: Proposed dates: Tuesday, June 19, or Wednesday, June 27

Any takers?

I think I can make it either day.

These lunch meet up groups seemed to have died off a few years ago. Anyone interested in resurrecting one for occassional weekday lunch meet ups along or not to far from the Red line? I work from home now which is great for getting out to try new places, but it'd be nicer to have some company.

• Like 1