Happy New Year, My Friends!

DonRocks

Happy New Year to all!  I will join you in this challenge!  I also just need to get into a new work-out routine since moving.  I don't like to say it is a resolution, it's just something that I always need, and just fell by the wayside as other things took priority, but needs to be back in the spotlight.

12 hours ago, RJS said:

I will never use a plastic bottle of water or a straw again. —It’s at least a start and so simple

My elderly father-in-law visits us often and likes to drink with a straw, so when our box of plastic straws ran out I bought a set of metal straws on Amazon. They've worked out quite well!

Hoping everyone is off to a great start for 2019! I also want to bestow health and resourcefulness to all of the Rockwellians on the board, it is because of all of you and your support through posting as often as you all do, that this forum is growing day by day.  I also want to pledge that I too, will be participating in the in curbing onto eliminating my use of single use/ disposable plastics. The analytics of the damage the use of plastics is creating is absolutely devastating.  I will do my part.

exay of the plasticay,

kat

So, the hoopla about plastic straws is based on a bunk metric, BUT the opener it provides in the conversation about plastic pollution has been amazing.  Vox has a good summary of the plastics problem and every little step that each person takes can help.  I've never really used plastic straws but there are lots of other places in my life I can work on reducing/eliminating single-used plastics, especially in the arenas of takeout meals and bulk groceries.  We've used cloth bags for groceries for years, but lately I've gotten lazy about using those tiny produce bags that can't even be reused for garbage, so it's a good time to buckle down again, with the new year as a fresh start. Let's be better together!! :)

• Like 1